Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please try to make the title of your posts as self-explanatory as possible to that we don't have to read the whole post to figure out what question you are truly asking and whether it is worth our time checking out...

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author X.

I would recommend posting things like that in the feedback forum. It is offtopic for LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,934 Views)

My bad, you're absolutely right.

I am going to ask a moderator to do just that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,899 Views)

Well, actually, no need. It has already been done!

Amazing how their reaction time can be short...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,897 Views)

Regarding, your title, perhaps all members should be required to read this at least once before being permitted to post questions 😄http://stackoverflow.com/help/how-to-ask

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 5 of 6
(5,708 Views)

Thanksfully, NI got their senses back together and restored the full screen layout of their forums...

Anyhow, isn't there a sticky somewhere about this very issue? At least when you try to post an idea, a list of potentiall related topics appears.

I personally try to use the principle explained in the link you provided (do a search first, pop-up all topics of possible relatedness in separate tab - and read them! - ,paste the link to them if they appear vaguely relevant, provide some background, illustrate with an example, etc).

Sometimes, I cut it short though and some others, I am way too verbose (or screenshot happy).

What might work is computer-review process: you want to post a question, prove that you have done your research and have provided enough information (that would be what you would expect of the non-existing bug report system for LabVIEW, for instance).

The forum engine would then format all this for you (link 1, link 2, VI 1, VI 2, captions, etc) and you could add some free-form comments to instill some personality in the post.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,688 Views)