From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please give option not to add picture to album!

After the forum update from just now, we can no longer attach pictures from another site without adding them to either a private or public album. (see picture):

Pleae add a third option to just insert a picture without adding it to any album (public or private). I really don't want to deal with albums because I attach so many pictures.

Please revert this change, it is very annoying!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,325 Views)

My question is where is this public album.  I don't see the snippets I posted recently in my profile Images.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,309 Views)

Hmm, I don't know!

Since our albums can be public or private, I assumed it would go into my album. Maybe not... We clearly need more information.

Lithium: Just throwing new and ambiguous options at us without any explanation is just rude! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,303 Views)

Also, since the link is "from another site", I wonder if they now create a local copy to prevent the linked image to be changed or deleted externally later.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,301 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

My question is where is this public album.  I don't see the snippets I posted recently in my profile Images.

Yes, I could not find any albums either.

So why the distinction between public or private? Does not seem to make a difference.

Maybe "public" allows linking to it from elsewhere while private does not. Who knows???

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,299 Views)

I can see your images Christian.  Under tags on your profile.  Row 2 col 3

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,134 Views)