Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Reply

Just noticed something weird when I was replying to somebody's PM.  In the original message I hit the reply and there is the compose page.  I scrolled down to the bottom to look at the message that I am replying to.  The weird thing is that there is a Delete and a Reply button with that message.  So while I am composing a reply to a message, and can hit the reply button to reply to the same message.  I'm thinking those two buttons should not be there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,763 Views)

<rant>Yeah, the PM system is pretty dysfunctional and barely usable. I don't really use it except for quick one-way communications.

Since messages are not threaded by conversation, it is really impossible to maintain and follow a real discussion.

Lithium really cound do a much better job here overall. </rant>

I agree that at least the [Reply] button should not be there.

You could argue that deleting a post while replying to it could be a valid operation (unless it will mess things up behind the scenes :D)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,754 Views)

This was one of those "please help me..." and I was just replying to post something in the forums.  I probably do more of those than actual messages.  Emails tend to work better.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,751 Views)