Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd numbers for new message count

This is the topic that I moved out of the Feedback board earlier today. If you go to it, and select Mark Topic as Read from the Topic Options menu, does that take care of the problem?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 45
(1,902 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

This is the topic that I moved out of the Feedback board earlier today. If you go to it, and select Mark Topic as Read from the Topic Options menu, does that take care of the problem?

I first had to mark that topic as New before marking it as Read.  But the problem still remains.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 45
(1,901 Views)

Same for me.  I marked it as read.  But the Feedback board count is still off by one.  My guess is that since it is no longer in the Feedback board, manipulating the status of that thread is no longer affecting the board's count.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 45
(1,897 Views)

Thanks for trying. I have reported this issue to Lithium again.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 45
(1,893 Views)

Thanks Lili.

My "baseline number", the number of messages I remember as being unread once I've read all recent ones,  jumped by 1 after I noticed the recent messages.  Since I posted my message about 2 hours ago, that number has jumped by 1 more again.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 45
(1,897 Views)

Earlier today I looked and my "baseline" unread number dropped by 1.  No new messages in this board.

I looked again just now, and the number went up by 1, back to where it was.  But no new messages to this board.

Not that it matters much.  I just am reporting this as it is a symptom that something about Lithium's system of counting unread messages is flawed.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 45
(1,872 Views)

I have seen the Unread for this board bounce between 0 and 1 all week.  I am pretty certain I never did a "mark all as read".  I just assumed Lili was up to no good.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 45
(1,868 Views)

I am seeing 1 Unread in the Certification Board now.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 45
(1,861 Views)

I saw the down 1, up 1 situation again today even though no new messages are on the board.  I did notice that it was down 1 after I first got back in the forums after I had to reboot my PC this morning.   Only just now did I notice it go back up 1.  Don't know why me rebooting my PC would have any effect on the information that shows up on the web.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 45
(1,844 Views)

I am still working with Lithium on this issue. I know they recently changed their backend infrastructure, so I have to assume that is why these sort of minor discrepencies are cropping up.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 45
(1,837 Views)