Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd behaviour of a link to DAQmx driver download page

While answering to a user question, I published a link to the page that lists all DAQmx drivers for download: my post is this one and the link is simply the result page for "DAQmx" in "NI Drivers". I created the link in a tablet but the user whose question I was answering got an empty result page instead. Testing the link on my PC gives the correct page so I don't know where the problem is. The only possible reason I can think of is that I am reading the forum in italian localization and this can add some extra item to the link that gives no result to users with other localizations, but I may be wrong.

I never had this problem: can somebody understand what's happening? I would like to know it so that I can post correct links in the future.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,201 Views)

Hi Roberto,

your link contains "lang/it" in the URL - that's your localization.

After clicking the link I was successfully taken to the DAQmx download page - the URL automatically changed to "lang/de" (my localization). (On a Windows pc with Firefox48.0.2)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,180 Views)

Yes,  this is what I'd expected,  but as you can see here the other user got an empty page and  I don't know why. 

Well,  at least the link itself is not corrupted,  the reason for this odd behavior must be something else. 

(3,175 Views)

Hello Roberto,

Thank you very much for reporting this concern so that we could investigate.  It seems that the URL that was shared contained a filtered search string - If you look at the structure of the URL, you'll notice the presence of conditional AND/OR statements:

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/ssnav:ndr/q/Daqmx/fil/AND(nicontenttype:driver,%20sitesection:ndr,%20AND%20(OR(nigen10:5495,%20productcategories:5495,%20%22NI-DAQmx%22)%20,%20OR(nilanguage:it,%20nilanguage:en)))/

Under normal conditions, emailing such a link would work without issue.  However, when someone visits ni.com the website detects the visitor’s geographic region and routes them to a localized web experience.  When this localization process occurred, this switch caused the URL to update it’s “/lang/” designation, which broke the URL query - resulting in null query returns.

We have reported this to our web teams and will be exploring what possible options there might be to address this behavior in the future.

Best regards,

Rob Ossian

NI Downloads Manager

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,161 Views)

I was supposing something like this was happening. And as you can see in GerdW post, when switching from one localization to another it works well, the problem may probably originate when the user has no localization (may it happen?) 

Thank you for giving attention to this item, keep me informed on when it will be corrected. 

(3,145 Views)