Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Feed

Solved!
Go to solution

Since the (still disliked) redesign of the forum Web site I am aware of the notification feed (at least one advantage Smiley Wink) which looks like a nice tool - but maybe I do not understand it fully.

It appears to me that new entries in this feed are marked by a blue bar - but 'new' in this respect is not useful because posts I already have read still are marked as new until I click on it in the notification bar. Initially I thought it is a question of time until the feed gets updated, but this seems not to be the case.

I would consider it more useful if feeds are marked only if the posts themselves are unread.

Even more confusing in this respect is the following: Assume I have 6 entries in the notification feed marked with the blue bar - but all posts are read already. Now If I click on any one of these 6 posts and return back to the notification feed all 6 bars are gone...

So in short: what is the purpose of this blue bar? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,188 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Some of these concerns were also raised in the topic here. We're looking at a different type of indicator than the blue bar to more easily identify new notifications, and we're working on displaying the notification count on your avatar in the header.

As for your questions, the Notification Feed will call out when a topic you're subscribed to has a new reply, but it doesn't bring you to that new reply. We have noted the idea for Lithium to enhance the functionality to have the Notification Feed allow you to click through to the first unread post in a topic.

Also note that you do not need to click through to mark the notification as read. You simply have to "view it" in the Notification Feed and the notification will no longer be indicated as new.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,179 Views)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,175 Views)