Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum layout?

from a purely mathematical point ov view, making the font smaller wold seem like a reasonable first attempt to minimize the overlap problem 😄

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 102
(4,004 Views)

The Ribbon Band on top of the page does not respect my language settings. Usually I look at ni.com in english, but the ribbon band stays in German.

It seems that all areas show your current user-login at the top of the page (nice feature), but not in the community/forum area. Why not?

Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 102
(3,988 Views)

jg69 wrote:

It seems that all areas show your current user-login at the top of the page (nice feature), but not in the community/forum area. Why not?

In my version (all english), the login shows fine on top of the the community and the forum pages. This might be a bug specific to your language setting.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 102
(3,981 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

jg69 wrote:

In my version (all english), the login shows fine on top of the the community and the forum pages. This might be a bug specific to your language setting.

I don't see Hello Tim on the forum pages.  It is on this message editor screen though.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 102
(3,973 Views)

The full site on the iPhone is basically unreadable now.  It actually drove me back to the mobile version, and then I tried to change boards a few times.   Smiley Mad

I guess on the modern scale of website rollout disasters this is minor, but still.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 102
(3,957 Views)

Have you noticed that all the smileys are superscript (raised up)?

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 102
(3,997 Views)

Yes, noticed that. It blows certain text lines far apart, wasting precious vertical space.

this 🙂

part 😞

takes 😄

much 😉

more 😞

room 😄

than

this

part

of

the

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 102
(3,993 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

Have you noticed that all the smileys are superscript (raised up)?

If you examine the CSS box model for the inline image elements (rank bars, the img and url indicators, emoticons, etc.) you will quickly see the margin-bottom has a value of 6px.  That is the problem, setting it to 0 returns things to normal.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 102
(3,984 Views)

You guys... We are only users. What are you complaining about? I am sure there is a good reason for these extra white areas. But NI is not bound to reveal them to us. As for me, I am sure this is done for our own good and even if it hurts at the beginning, we will soon chant praises for the admirable wisdom of NI, which has never let us down (or at least got us used to be let down).

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 102
(3,977 Views)

@X. wrote:

But NI is not bound to reveal them to us. .

I don't think NI has much control over the details of the Lithium formatting. There are probably only a limited selection of layouts and themes available. The forum is not even hosted on NI servers. (do a tracert!)

It is a good stratgy that NI did not put all cards on the same vendor. The communitiy is powered by Jive, which has a set of entirely diffferent (but equally annoying!) problems.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 102
(3,973 Views)