Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New feature request: expand the page list

I wonder if a new feature could be added to a board page: at present only the first few pages are listed in the page count area. The dotted box could be made active and expand the page links adding a few more to the list. See the image below:

Screenshot 2016-07-26 08.07.00.png

This can be useful in case I am searching for some not-so-recent discussion I remember that does not fit in the first three pages.

As an addition, when showing an inner page I would prefere to have more links than simply the page before and after. That is, when showing page 7 I see this:

Screenshot 2016-07-26 08.18.20.png

If would be more usefult in my opinion to have more page links:

1 | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | 586

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

I agree that more pages would be useful. And the first page should always be accessible.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,991 Views)

Thanks for the feedback. Another request we've gotten in the past is a dropdown menu to let you select the page number. Would that be preferred over expanding the number of pages seen in that list?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,975 Views)

This could be an alternative method, but I don't understand how it would appear on a board main page that has several hundred pages below...

(3,963 Views)

Not a dropdown menu. An empty text/numeric box in which any number can be entered.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,959 Views)

@X. wrote:

Not a dropdown menu. An empty text/numeric box in which any number can be entered.

I was going to mention that option too.

Of course, the pagination list as it exists today is the out-of-the-box functionality, anything else would have to be an enhancement request for the platform.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,956 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

@X. wrote:

I was going to mention that option too.

I wouldn't! The immediacy of a point-and-click tool is way better in my opinion.

(3,953 Views)