Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ratings Discussion - Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'll try to answer all of the questions recently ask, please ask again if I missed something:

• CC's question about how ratings are displayed:
    • The way Kudos will be displayed is exactly how you describe.  Your tracker will display the total number of Kudos for that individual message, while the board page that has the list of threads will show the Kudos for the entire thread.
  • Ben's questions about tracker:
    • View by latest activity in tracker has not been implemented - I can submit a suggestion
    • You cannot see your highest Kudoed posts from your tracker BUT you can see your most Kudoed posts from your profile.  It will show the top 5 highest Kudoed messages and then you can View All (although it looks like when viewing all they are sorted by date)
    • You can see your most recently Kudoed messages also on your profile page
    • I will submit a product suggestion about the subscription emails
  • CC's question about removing the "No" button:
    • Unfortunately, that was not an option with the old system.  Luckily, there will be no "No" option with Kudos!
  • muks suggestion
    • With Kudos, the idea of average rating is going away, but there will be the option to mark a reply as a solution for the person that asks the question

Thanks for the excitement everyone!

Laura 

Message 31 of 59
(4,859 Views)
Regarding the problem with different languages, would "praise" be more easily translated?

Hi,

when bringing up potential misunderstandings in different languages, I just wanted to probe if other international users are familiar with the term "kudos".  As I'm working for NI I'm quite used to this term, but I know, that it's still not part of the typical vocabulary that is taught at school, so that was the reason for my concerns. Personally I agree, that "kudos" should be a good fit.

Jochen

Message 33 of 59
(4,841 Views)

Thank you all again for your feedback.  The overwhelming majority would like to stick with Kudos.  I am going to enable Kudos and Accepted Solutions later this week.  I am still pinning down the exact day/time.

Thanks,

Laura 

Message 34 of 59
(4,774 Views)

Laura,

I don't know you are going to keep up with annotating the accepted solutions, but I like the new system so far.  Kudos to you and your team!

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 59
(4,738 Views)

lmtis wrote:

I don't know you are going to keep up with annotating the accepted solutions

The person who started the thread does that, not the moderators.

How very logical.  Thanks!
Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 59
(4,729 Views)
Since I'm not an native english speaker I'm unsure about the verb of the noun Kudos. I just changed my signature from "Don't forget to rate ..." to "Don't forget to Kudos ...". I'm rights with that?
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
Message 38 of 59
(4,643 Views)

Don't forget to give kudos to good answers

or 

Don't forget to kudo good answers

Or, don't forget to Kudo a good answer.  I would also like to see more people acknowledge an accepted solution to the problem.
Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 59
(4,612 Views)