Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ratings Discussion - Kudos

Oops... I start so few threads that I missed that one..

Hey wait a minute...  I did start a thread and could not give myself an accepted solution...  😮  Of course it was in the job opening forum section...  😉

Muks... Well..  it could happen...  I remember a few years ago, maybe a year after I joined the forum, I asked a question..  Then figured it out and posted the solution so that it maight help someone else..  That would be a case of self solution found.  But if you make a habbit of doing so, then it is kind of obvious. 

The only way to make it fully independent would be to have a panel of NI employees who review the replies of potential candidates and assign a gold bar level to the individual based on merit.  Then I would say goodbye to all bars 😄  Of course such a practice would be too complicated.. 

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 59
(1,894 Views)
Just passing along a note: one user has noted that he has tried to give Kudos on two different occasions, but failed. The user is using Opera, so I don't know if there's a problem with that specific browser.
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 59
(1,864 Views)

I think the Boolean ("Yes" or "No") way of saying how much you liked an idea is not enough. I propose two new ways of giving you opinion about an idea:

1) Give 3 or 5 options answer to say how much you liked the idea. For 3 can be: "No", "Maybe" and "Yes". For 5 can be "No Way", "Low Interest", "Maybe", "Interesting", "Yes Please".

2) Give 3 or 5 options answer to express the Importance or impact of the change in our lives. For 3 choices can be: "Low", "Medium" and "High". For 5 I suggest "None", "Low", "Medium", "High" and "Huge".

With this approach, each person will give a grade and a weight to an idea.

Please note that:

English is not my native language, so the "levels names" are widely open to suggestions.

I was not sure if this was already suggested, if this is the ideal place to do it or how to participate in this forum. Please let me know how to proceed.

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
Message 53 of 59
(1,110 Views)

and yet agin, more evididence that the Idea Kuods is not a reply Kudos.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 54 of 59
(1,090 Views)

I kudos probably too many ideas. I think I kudos them if I like them _at all_. NI has no way of knowing how much I like/need the feature. I would like some way of placing emphasis on how much I like an idea relative to the others. Even if I find an idea slightly useful it is still slightly useful so it gets kudos.

And it would be helpful to the other forums. I have many more kudos in total than many people due to the exchange. There are people with less than half of what I have that are more helpful. And I'm sure that some of the kudos I have received from the exchange are only slightly useful. I feel my standing is overemphasized, and yes I am aware that one can filter by board.

I think the idea exchange kudos should be somehow separated from the forums. They really are different things.

So there are really two things this gives. It separates kudos from idea votes and allows us to say how much we like an idea. That would surely be useful to the people at NI who decide what features the community really wants.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 55 of 59
(1,081 Views)

I like it and it would set off the differences.  I just wound up setting up new tags to threads that dropped off my top kudoed posts (it used to be a handy place to grab frequent links) after that section in my profile got taken up with ideas.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 59
(1,060 Views)

Votes are out, Likes are in.

Message 57 of 59
(1,058 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

Votes are out, Likes are in.

I could Like an Idea. Kudos!  Smiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos