cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New NI web page interface

Solved!
Go to solution

@JÞB wrote:

@The Cart Blue Circle content Flashes from 0 to 1 with every page refresh.  I am having trouble reproducing its absence after a "Search" However, I did check my cart after noticing its absence on the search results page (Shown on 1 of many tabs opened on several pages @ ni.com) It was likely just a old cookie that went astray.  ("Cookie Crumbs" on My Account?)  

And NO! there is no "Information" (i) Blurb to tell me that I could use "This bar to Search"

EDIT:

No CART Content Blue Circle on <>Myni/Dashboard! so it is inconsistantly showing.  I wasn't seeing things

I am seeing the flashing item # indicator on the cart now. I can make sure a bug report has been filed about this.

It's possible you may run into issues and not see it later on as our website team works on bugs that were discovered post-launch.

Thanks for the feedback about the tooltips. Our Customer Experience team is reviewing all of this feedback and taking it into consideration.

~~~~~~~~~
Message 21 of 32
(4,638 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ben64

We've heard your feedback loud and clear! We have released a non-sticky header for the forums and are working quickly to release the same for the community. We are still working on some of the bugs reported, as well as processing the feedback received. Please stay tuned for further updates.

Thank you,

Maureen Thormann

Sr. Digital Customer Experience Manager

Message 22 of 32
(4,603 Views)

UPDATE

This issue is now fixed:

- Clicking on the new post link from the board view will scroll you to the bottom of the page (example)

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
Message 23 of 32
(4,596 Views)

@Maureen wrote:

We've heard your feedback loud and clear! We have released a non-sticky header for the forums and are working quickly to release the same for the community.

Can you remove it from the entire website?  The header serves no purpose when I'm scrolled down on a page.  If I need the header, I'll scroll up.

Message 24 of 32
(4,582 Views)

@Nathan_B. wrote:

@Maureen wrote:

We've heard your feedback loud and clear! We have released a non-sticky header for the forums and are working quickly to release the same for the community.

Can you remove it from the entire website?  The header serves no purpose when I'm scrolled down on a page.  If I need the header, I'll scroll up.

That seems to have been heard too!  What a pleasure to have a responsive team!  

A few tweaks after roll-out but, an overall succesful upgrade! KUDOS around!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(4,574 Views)

Yes, that is much better. The header is still too large for my taste, but at least it doesn't follow you and it doesn't pop back in as soon as I scroll up, like it does on the desktop version on my phone. I hope it stays this way (or if you change it, make that change making it smaller).

I disabled my filter and it looks good, but then I saw that others complained that this is only in the forums and so went and had a look and I agree with the others - the same behavior should be applied site-wide. There's no need for the floating header and it really gets in the way when you're trying to read documents/discussions. The bug of the browser loading to the wrong point in the page is also still there in the communities. Links to specific posts take you a bit lower than the start of the post and you then have to scroll up, presumably because it thinks the header isn't actually there.

I'm enabling my filter again until that is changed across the site.

(4,548 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ben64

@PhillipBrooks wrote:

Full screen view on my desktop using Chrome renders with no margins. Change from Max to Window and margins appear.

EDIT - Problem already pointed out HERE:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Discussion-Forums/New-layout-nice-but/m-p/3240069#M12497

Hi everyone,

These issues are now resolved:

- Maximized browser window losing all formatting on a widescreen monitor

- Quoted text appearing larger than normal

Thank you,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(4,425 Views)

I see that now the header no longer floats in the communities as well, so I'll disable my filter and see how annoying this is (so far, it looks like both the size of the header and the moving bar when it loads do look like they will be annoying, but at a level which can be managed).

(4,413 Views)

@tst wrote:

I see that now the header no longer floats in the communities as well, so I'll disable my filter and see how annoying this is (so far, it looks like both the size of the header and the moving bar when it loads do look like they will be annoying, but at a level which can be managed).

That moving blue bar has transformed from an oddity to an annoyance to a full-blown nuisance at this point.  

Message 29 of 32
(4,215 Views)

The new web interface makes very difficult to browse and select DAQ hardware. The specs table is very wide and on 24" monitor you do not see even the half of the colons. The web interface is slow to render for a minimal feedback information. Basically to select a multi function I/O device the page takes half a minute to load to show this:

Screenshot of multi function IOYou see the table. This is on a full 24". And in order to see the whole input output lines of the DAQ cards you have to use a horizontal scrollbar that is very slow. How come so little info takes so much time to display. You guys have to fire your web developers. Using the old page would take me 2 min to find the DAQ card I need. This new design takes at least half an hour. And why even replace the old page. You are monopoly of what are you doing. You do not to impress anyone. Not the tech geeks that are your customer base anyway.

I just need the job done fast. I do not need bells and whistles that makes things difficult to navigate. 

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(2,652 Views)