From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Login Page/Authentication Method

I don't know if this is related but it seems to be correlated. When changing pages (while logged in), either by clicking on a link or by hitting the keyboard shortcut to go back, I am getting logged out.  This happens sporadically.  Sometimes I can switch pages many times without it happening and then it may happen twice in a row.

Examples: 1. I read a thread in the LabVIEW Board and hit the keyboard shortcut to go back to the Board list - bang - I am logged out.  Hit the "sign in" link and it signs me right back in.

2. I click on the "NI Dicscussion Forums" link to check a different Board - signed out again!

I never saw this behavior before the recent Login changes.

Mac OS X 10.8.2, Safari 6.0.2.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 60
(4,390 Views)

Lynn, that seems exactly like what I described earlier when using the new auto-login link. I tried it again yesterday and today and saw that the same problem still happens, but I thought I saw it happening today when I used the old link as well (not sure, because I have both links, so I may have used the new one accidentally).

(4,379 Views)

Twice today it has logged me out when click "forward," that is, when trying to go deeper into the Forum. I considered the possibility that when going back as reported earlier, I might have inadvertently double clicked. Today I was on the NI Discussion Forums page on two different occasions and tried to go to the LabVIEW Board or another Board and I was logged out.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 60
(4,356 Views)

As of today, I can no longer login into the community (forum is fine). Whnever I click the login link, it simply refreshes the page. Nothing else happens.

Also the "Register" link no longer does anything.

(This is using chrome on windows 7)

(I'll try to delete cookies later...)

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 60
(4,340 Views)

altenbach wrote:

(I'll try to delete cookies later...)

After deleting the NI cookies, it seems to work again....

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 60
(4,339 Views)

Still being logged out of the Forums.  It has happened 3-4 times this morning - both going deeper into a page/thread and backing out. It happens with keyboard shortcuts, clicking on back button, and clicking on a link on a page.

Very annoying.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 60
(4,316 Views)

Jordan, to add to the auto-login issue, here's how it currently stands:

1. The new link still logs you out automatically fairly often, as Lynn pointed.
  2. Over the last week or two, the old link has also developed a problem, where it sometimes forgets how to log in. I click the old link and I get to the main forums page, but I'm not logged in. I then need to sign in manually and it then remembers the info until it happens again. It's the same thing that would happen if I delete my cookies. I would say it happens every two to three days.

(4,302 Views)

It logged me out again two or three times today.

Additional data: It only seems to do it within the first few clicks within the Forum. After a few minutes or a dozen clicks within the site, it no longer logs me out.  When I get a chance, I will try logging in and then waiting a few minutes before clicking on a specific Board to see if I can discriminate between a time-based problem and a click count problem.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 60
(4,275 Views)

Jordan, I wanted to point out that the problem still exists. The old link no longer has the problem where it forgets how to log in, so I've been using that, but I just tried the new link and it still logs you out automatically.

(4,180 Views)

Jordan, the new login link still has the problem where it logs me out automatically, but now there's also a problem with the old link - it brings me to the main page, but doesn't sign me in. I need to click on the sign in link and then it signs me in automatically. If the old link will no longer work, we need the new link to work properly.

(4,059 Views)