Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Solution for a single problem??

I have recently seen the users were able to mark multiple replies as solution and I am wondering how. I would like to know what is happening and why is it happening.

Sample:

DoubleSolution.png

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(6,331 Views)

Well, it does make sense.  I've seen plenty of threads where it took two or three different people's posts to get the solution all put together.  Giving them all a solution I think is reasonable.  I think this was a new feature during an update late last week.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(6,322 Views)

If it is a feature then I am glad to have that. 🙂

-----

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(6,315 Views)

P@Anand wrote:

"So as long as it was on purpose, that's fine.  But if it was an accident, then we need to squash this bug!"  That's how I took what you said.  I'm pretty sure you have the same opinion as me, it is a good thing to have.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(6,312 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

P@Anand wrote:

"So as long as it was on purpose, that's fine.  But if it was an accident, then we need to squash this bug!"  That's how I took what you said.  I'm pretty sure you have the same opinion as me, it is a good thing to have.

You have taken it correctly. Thats why I rushed and posted it during offcie time 😛

-----

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(6,308 Views)

So how many solutions can you mark for a thread?. I feel this is going to be confusing

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(6,291 Views)

Apart from confusion I feel it decreases the value of a "Solution". Earlier there will be a competition among the replies to get which is the solution, and I felt that is more valuable than Kudos. So we have to keep our post good enough to win the Solution mark, but now it is not the case everyone giving a nearby solution also may get the post marked. This is totally my personal opinion and I feel more happy with a single solution/Thread.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(6,281 Views)

The big problem is it will take you to the first solution, not necessarily the best, and you really don't have a way of seeing "other solutions" unless you read the whole thread.

Message 8 of 14
(6,255 Views)

That is a good point, Bill. 

Should threads with multiple solutions be marked differently or the solution posts linked in some way?  I do not see an obvious path to clean behavior for this situation.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(6,243 Views)

Maybe the shade of green for each marked solution should be proportional to the number of kudos it has. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,238 Views)