Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Kudos button on forum messages?

I looked on the feedback forum this morning after noticing that the Kudos had moved to see if there was a thread about it. When I checked back this afternoon I found a thread with 4 pages of comments...then I saw the date was 4 years ago!

I don't think I like the new position - not as obvious to see how much Kudos a post has attained but I do think it kinda makes sense to have the post 'actions' together! Maybe I'm just being resistant to change Smiley Very Happy

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 48
(3,161 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

It is like déjà vu all over again.

Is it ironic if I give this kudos?

I actually don't care that much, but I do tend to agree that it seems to be more usable on the left side, at least as an indication.

While admitedly not as active as I used to be ...

The move to the right makes work harder to figure out which of our posts got the kudos. When it was on the left I could scan for my avatar, and in the same field of view, spot if there was a kudos.

Now I have to scroll,  scan, check Eyes.gif, scroll scan check Eyes.gif  scroll scan check Eyes.gif...

Grumble.

old%20timer.gif

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 43 of 48
(3,137 Views)

When I saw this the first time I assumed I was not logged in Smiley Surprised , next I realized that I used to see kudos even in this case before...

Sam_Sharp ha scritto:

I don't think I like the new position - not as obvious to see how much Kudos a post has attained but I do think it kinda makes sense to have the post 'actions' together! Maybe I'm just being resistant to change Smiley Very Happy

I second the highlighted part of this opinion, but nevertheless would keep the counter on the left near the avatar: more visible.

Ben ha scritto:

Now I have to scroll,  scan, check Eyes.gif, scroll scan check Eyes.gif  scroll scan check Eyes.gif...

Grumble.

old%20timer.gif

Ben

Kudos to you! Smiley Very Happy

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Thanks for the feedback everyone. A post was made last week about the changes in the Forum News section here: Accepted Solutions Update & Forum Post Layout Change

We had to make the upgrade to the latest version of the forums feature (which automatically moves the kudos button placement) in order to use new features such as the Accepted Solutions header. As we gather more feedback -- the kudos button placement, the accepted solution button placement, etc. -- we can consider what changes to make at once. This would take more time though, as we'd be looking at a customization versus what we have now out-of-the-box.

Thank you for your understanding.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 48
(3,035 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

Thanks for the feedback everyone. A post was made last week about the changes in the Forum News section here: Accepted Solutions Update & Forum Post Layout Change

I noticed that it looks like I can kudo the comment made on that thread.  Is that some functionality we can see in the Idea Exchange forum?  It's been requested several times I think.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 48
(2,994 Views)

elset191 wrote: I noticed that it looks like I can kudo the comment made on that thread.  Is that some functionality we can see in the Idea Exchange forum?  It's been requested several times I think.

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to kudo comments left on Ideas. This request has been raised to Lithium before, and I'm attempting to get an update on if we can expect this any time soon.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 48
(2,976 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

elset191 wrote: I noticed that it looks like I can kudo the comment made on that thread.  Is that some functionality we can see in the Idea Exchange forum?  It's been requested several times I think.

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to kudo comments left on Ideas. This request has been raised to Lithium before, and I'm attempting to get an update on if we can expect this any time soon.

Thanks,

Bummer.  Fingers crossed for future updates from Lithium

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 48
(2,954 Views)