Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Kudos button on forum messages?

Completely agree with RF here, despite all of my misgivings before and after the move I appreciate the opportunity to see if I disliked the move as much as I thought I would.  (Probably even more).  Thanks for moving it back.  Now I only hope I remember all of the messages I intended to Kudo the past few days... Smiley Tongue

"The number of accidents kudos has been reduced by the amount Homer Simpson Darin.K has been known to or suspected of causing."

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 48
(4,959 Views)

Laura,

Seems a shame it didn't work out.  I appreciate your work experimenting with ideas to improve the forums and cannot say enough about your contributions!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 48
(4,946 Views)

@Laura F. wrote:

Yes - thanks Cory.

I ran an analysis and the Kudos activity on the forum boards fell off a bit. Definitely not huge, but the slight decline...

Regards,

Laura

I have been on-site for the last week.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 48
(4,938 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@Laura F. wrote:

Yes - thanks Cory.

I ran an analysis and the Kudos activity on the forum boards fell off a bit. Definitely not huge, but the slight decline...

Regards,

Laura

I have been on-site for the last week.

Ben

Well,  if two of my three top kudos contributors were otherwise engaged  ( and,  I've been busy as well) Perhaps I was premature in my analisys.  With Darin and Ben too busy to "Kudo" and me too busy to post--   Perhaps the data is skewed by a statistical anaomoly.  Smiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 34 of 48
(4,933 Views)

Hey Ben,

If you're aching to give out kudos, you can always look up my posts 😉

😄

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 48
(4,900 Views)

I wasn't paying attention, just noticed the move back. As mentioned before, thank you for your work, including trying to improve the "user experience"!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 36 of 48
(4,893 Views)

Thanks Putnam - I also appreciate everyone's patience as we make changes to determine what works for our community.  The Kudos button was moved back to its original location last night.

I think one of the best things I learned was how many of you view the forums on a mobile device. It helps me build a case for having a mobile optimized experience on the NI Forums.

Regards,

Laura

Message 37 of 48
(4,881 Views)

To be honest, when I got my iPod I viewed it as an expensive means to listen to music at work and in the car. I have found in the year that I've owned it that I used it even more to check email (more and more wifi hotspots, including at my current worksite) and browse the 'net, including the LabVIEW forums. You don't find me far from it now, including fumbling around for it at 4:45AM this morning as its alarm function went off. I find that I am much more likely to check emails, etc., since I have it, than getting back to my hotel and firing up my laptop, with all of attendant rigmarole, to do the same.  So a mobile optimized site would be a nice addition!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 48
(4,872 Views)

@Laura F. wrote:

The Kudos button was moved back to its original location last night.

Regards,

Laura

Does There can be only one apply to kudos buttons? Would it be feasable to have a button in each location? This would satisfy everyone and double my chances of getting a kudo.

If there can be only one button then I like it where it is now. Maybe it is what I am used to.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 48
(4,856 Views)

It is like déjà vu all over again.  Everything I would say now I said then, with an added grumble about the lack of warning this time. 

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 48
(3,855 Views)