Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Kudos button on forum messages?

@cory K wrote:

If for no other reason, I like it because I may get some extra kudos from people's poor hand-eye coordination while trying to press Reply Smiley Tongue

There's 1 Smiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 48
(3,633 Views)

Let me just add that the iPhone/iPad (especially iPhone) experience is significantly worse now.  Before I could have a reasonable zoom and catch both user and kudo info as I scroll to decide which posts to read.  My eyes will not tolerate reading much at the zoom level required to see both. These two pieces of info could not be placed farther apart.

Not to simply complain, let me offer my suggestions in order of preference:

1) Put it back

2) User configurable choice, even let it default to the new location.

3) Both places

4) Put Kudos count where it was, move +1 button (Ray's suggestion)

5) Lower corner of user info area

6) Lower left corner of message body

7) Upper left of message body (For the record I don't like this one, just sets the scale for the rest)

Infinity-1) Get rid of it altogether

Infinity) Put it where it is now

I realize that it is a Lithium thing, but every "upgrade" seems to degrade the experience on mobile devices.  

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 48
(3,619 Views)

Yes, I don't like it. The original palcement was better.

Also, most posts have litte content at the bottom (signature and whitespace), so the kudos stuff is now too close to the post below it instead of near the bulk of the post.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 48
(3,605 Views)

LOL!!

Everytime I go away for a few days, something changes..

I was about to give someone a kudo and couldn't see the button until my eyesight finally caught it next the the reply button. 

Okay... glad to have found this thread....

I don't know yet if I like the change or not..  I guess, we get used to it.

Message 24 of 48
(3,598 Views)

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I plan to leave the Kudos in the new location at least for some amount of time longer to continue to collect feedback and then to give me a chance to compare kudos activity before and after the move.

At the same time I'll suggest to our vendor making the button location a configuration that you can set for yourselves.

Darin - if you get a chance, please comment in the thread about a mobile version of the forums to help me understand how you use the forums on your mobile device(s).

Thanks,

Laura

Message 25 of 48
(3,568 Views)

Yech! Really don't like the new kudo location, find that I too use it to scan through long posts for the comment/answer that has garnered the most kudos. And on my iPOD I have to scroll around to find it, sort of like a block diagram that is too big!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 48
(3,566 Views)

Well,

I'm going to change my position.  I thought it looked nicer- but it seems like kudos activity has fallen off.  Has anyone tracked metrics like Kudos/page views since the switch?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 48
(3,540 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

Well,

I'm going to change my position.  I thought it looked nicer- but it seems like kudos activity has fallen off.  Has anyone tracked metrics like Kudos/page views since the switch?

@Laura F wrote:

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I plan to leave the Kudos in the new location at least for some amount of time longer to continue to collect feedback and then to give me a chance to compare kudos activity before and after the move.

Looks like Laura is on the job!

Cory K
Message 28 of 48
(3,527 Views)

Yes - thanks Cory.

I ran an analysis and the Kudos activity on the forum boards fell off a bit. Definitely not huge, but the slight decline combined with the requests to move it back have led me to request that it be moved back to its original location. Expect to see that change next week (probably Tuesday night).

Thanks for everyone's patience while I tried out this suggestion.

Regards,

Laura

Message 29 of 48
(3,514 Views)

Thanks for trying out the suggestion.

For my vote, I think moving it back to the previous position is best.  But I appreciate looking at the change.

Message 30 of 48
(3,509 Views)