Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Kudos button on forum messages?

@Laura F. wrote:

Keep in mind that only people that start threads see the Accept as Solution button so it's not actually visible to many people.

True. Even if you can't line them up, it's a good change.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 48
(4,026 Views)

Sorry, I really do not like this "move".  An additional button would not bother me, but when I am scrolling through a thread one of two things will catch my attention to read a post, Kudos count or Avatar.  Right now they are nicely colocated.  I suppose those who spend time on "that other board" will apppreciate the move...Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 48
(4,017 Views)

If for no other reason, I like it because I may get some extra kudos from people's poor hand-eye coordination while trying to press Reply Smiley Tongue

Cory K
Message 13 of 48
(4,010 Views)

@cory K wrote:

If for no other reason, I like it because I may get some extra kudos from people's poor hand-eye coordination while trying to press Reply Smiley Tongue

No, No, no, must be stopped.  Right now you have single-handedly thwarted my domination of the Top Kudoed Posts (last 7 days).

KudosTopPosts.PNG    KudosTopPosts2.PNG

Maybe I'll let it slide since you were replying to my thread, and wait, one of those 3 Kudos was from me....

Ben can have his Kudo Yahtzee, I have to set my sights much, much lower.   Waited one week for the Beta announcement to slide off, and you sneak in there...Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 48
(3,999 Views)

Hahah well if you look really quick, all you see is ____ K, and even the color bars are the same. So maybe no one will notice I snuck in there Smiley Very Happy

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 48
(3,997 Views)

For the record, not a fan of the new look.  Probably in the minority....Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 48
(3,940 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

For the record, not a fan of the new look.  Probably in the minority....Smiley Sad

I'll join you. Way too easy to accidentally click on the Kudos button (though clearly some would see this as a good thing). If placed in the message body I think it would be better to have right-justified between the Options menu and the Repy button. Even with one-line messages there's enough space there to limit accidental clicks.

Aside: what was wrong with where it was originally? Was there a technical issue?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 48
(3,934 Views)

Now that the new arrangement has been realized I'll join the minority: Having a long thread without a solution such as this one in the past it was useful to browse over the contributors and the kudoes to quickly spot the most interesting messages. Now this information is delocalized, the user information is on the left, while the message kudoes are on the right.

In summary, I did prefer the previous scheme - obviously getting old and conservative Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 48
(3,928 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

@cory K wrote:

No, No, no, must be stopped.  Right now you have single-handedly thwarted my domination of the Top Kudoed Posts (last 7 days).

KudosTopPosts.PNG    KudosTopPosts2.PNG

Maybe I'll let it slide since you were replying to my thread, and wait, one of those 3 Kudos was from me....

Ben can have his Kudo Yahtzee, I have to set my sights much, much lower.   Waited one week for the Beta announcement to slide off, and you sneak in there...Smiley Very Happy

That was a fluke I don't think I can duplicate with my busy schedule since disapearing for a week can really hit your numbers.

Christian on the other hand has been working up to a super Yatzee from time to time with the "last year" catagory being the only area he is mssing.

But if you keep it up, you have a good shot at the Kudo Yahtzee.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 48
(3,915 Views)

The idea behind the Kudos move is that when viewing a thread, Kudos should be associated with the content of the message itself rather than the user. Hopefully this change will make that clearer to new users and help them actually see the Kudos button. It can blend in with the user area on the left hand side of the thread.

Message 20 of 48
(3,911 Views)