Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main forums page title

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Jordan, the title of the main forums page seems to have changed. I believe it was "NI Discussion Forums" and now it's "Home - Discussion Forums". This is kind of annoying when having multiple tabs open, because "Home" don't really mean anything when you're looking at the tabs. Can it be changed back?

Oh good, it's not just me.  I thought I was going crazy from the jet lag.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(7,029 Views)

Looking at the Wayback Machine, I can see that a month ago it was "Discussion Forums - Discussion Forums", which I remember also annoyed me at the time, because six months ago it was "NI Discussion Forums - NI Discussion Forums" which is more usable, but it didn't annoy me enough to complain when it changed. Now it definitely is annoying enough for that.

(7,009 Views)

While we are on the topic of page changes, the location of the Country selection at the very top of the page near the left corner results in the country list popping up very annoyingly when I slide the cursor to the browser back button which is just above and to the left.

Most users will change that exactly once or fewer times, depending on the default and whether the server gets good location information from the browser. It doe not need to be where it is located!

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(7,001 Views)

Jordan?

(6,937 Views)

Matt, since Jordan faded off into the ether, it's your turn.

(6,052 Views)

Your turn, Lili. Any chance of changing this back (or to something like "NI Forums", if you want it shorter)?

(5,521 Views)

This title only shows on the main forum page. As soo as you are looking at a thread, the page title is the thread subject, often too truncated to be useful.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(5,506 Views)

Can you post a screenshot of where this is occurring?

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(5,495 Views)

The 'home' of the forums:

2015-09-23_11-10-07.png

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(5,483 Views)