From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looooooooooong login times - yes, again

The login times have gotten ridiculous. It takes almost a minute to log in. I complained about this a while ago, but nothing has improved on this matter. In fact, it's actually gotten worse.

This only happens on this site, so don't start blaming my browser.  Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 14
(6,406 Views)

Hi smercurio,

I'm sorry you've been experiencing long login times. I haven't had any issues logging in as of late and our average response times look to be normal. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? If so, can you please list your browser and approximate time it takes to log in? Also, are you experiencing lags between pages after you've logged in or is it just the log in process? I will report this to our vendor, but want to make sure we have as much info as possible first.

Thanks,

Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(6,397 Views)

Yes I do experience the same problem when I am not signed in it OK but once I click signin it automatically signs in but takes a lot of time all the way I see an empty screen some time it fails to login so I would have to go to any post and once I click the reply it works pretty fast.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(6,371 Views)

@JordanG wrote:

Hi smercurio,

I'm sorry you've been experiencing long login times. I haven't had any issues logging in as of late and our average response times look to be normal. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? If so, can you please list your browser and approximate time it takes to log in? Also, are you experiencing lags between pages after you've logged in or is it just the log in process? I will report this to our vendor, but want to make sure we have as much info as possible first.

Thanks,

Jordan

Maybe the issue isn't the logging in, but getting the data for the forums, such as the number of replies, the number of messages read, the number of new replies, etc, etc, etc... Maybe the way Lithium has this coded it's making separate calls into the database.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(6,356 Views)

While trying to log in (using login link next me name in my profile screen using IE8 on a 32 bit XP machine) I got a message saying

Website is too busy

http 408/http 409

I was able to get a quick hit imediately afterwards when trying Fox News and GoldPrice.org with not delay.

I suspect the server needs an upgrade etc.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(6,326 Views)

I'm consistently seeing 50 seconds from the time I click the "Sign In" link to the time I no longer see a white page.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(6,323 Views)

Lithium made a few changes which was the reason for the attachment issue last week. I've asked them to look into possible causes for these long login times since they are being seen by multiple people. I will keep you updated.

Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(6,315 Views)

A very long time ago (years!) I experienced this, and it turned out a problem with the auto-subscribe setting in the preferences. If you contribute a lot, this setting seems to be very demanding on resources.

Since I turned ot off, I no longer have the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(6,309 Views)

Thanks for that nugget of wisdom, Altenbach Smiley Happy

Smercurio, does turning the autosubscribe feature off resolve the issue? If so, I will give that feedback to Lithium so we can get the bug fixed.

auto subscribe.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(6,291 Views)

I found my old post here (from 2005!). May not be the same thing, but who knows.....

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,274 Views)