Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking a thread

The Version Conversion board gets riddled with people not reading the board rules.  Even when the rules are posted in the thread, they just feel inclined to just add on to a thread asking for a new conversion in an already solved thread.  See here for a good example.  So I would like a way to lock/close these threads to prevent this from happening any more.  Can I just ask a moderator to close the thread to prevent people from adding to the thread with unrelated information?  It would be nice if some of us heavy hitters in that board (myself, KC, RavensFan, etc) could also lock the threads.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,691 Views)

Maybe the act of marking a solution should lock the thread 15 minutes later automatically.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,679 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Maybe the act of marking a solution should lock the thread 15 minutes later automatically.

That would work for most of the cases.  But then there are those who for whatever reason don't mark solutions.  Maybe allow some of us to mark solutions for people in that board?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,677 Views)

Maybe it's time again to revisit this idea and it's duplicates in the Idea Exchange. I would still really really like this as an automated, cloud-based service from NI. Smiley Happy

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,664 Views)

I do not like this idea.

New memebers often just plain do not know where or to what to post.  I would prefer they do not be penalized for ignorance but, instead gain knowledge.

You Want more "Marked Solutions"  - Tim you have k+ of them!  Yes I have "Hundreds" of my own and, it DOES feel nice to get them!  It means you tranfered knowledge in my vernacular.  

Alternatly version-conversion boards could be a "Service" with "Solutions" disallowed.  I often don't have as many LabVIEW versions on hand to troll that forum for "Solutions" 

That Bohrer'd has a unique place!  but, it lacks the direct knowledge transferance other boards have (IMHO).  "Do this for me because I lack the tools" is a far far cry from "Teach me why this is wrong"

<On my soap-box mode = off>

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,634 Views)