Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW academy (Khan academy like)

I'm thinking of making short videos that I'd post on youtube (or youtube like site) and then post the link instead a typing a 20 lines + screenshot or VI.

I think this would be much more helpfull to beginers who have basic question about LabVIEW.

Before starting to do that for any post, I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about it (maybe someone suggested that before I haven't lloked it up).

Ultimately we could sort the video and end up with a LabVIEW academy, similar to the Khan academy.

Any thoughts?

PS: I use Camstudio to make screen videos + speach, it is an opensource project, here's one example to show how to make a transparant frame on a cluster (without speach for this one).

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 1 of 10
(7,326 Views)

There are already a lot of instructional vides about LabVIEW on youtube, just do a search.

But yes, I agree that video is a good medium to explain things better. Specially single-topic, short vodeos would be useful and can easily be embedded here in the forum.

Sound is really important thought, because from looking at the video you quoted, it is impossible to tell right-click from left-click from shift-right-click, etc. It is not necessarilty easy to get the full message across. There also might be problems with resolution.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,319 Views)

A central index to find them is a must.

I would like to suggest the name "LabVIEW University" that would be would be shortened to "LabVIEW U".

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,298 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I like the name LabVIEW U!

Hope NI will reserve the www.labviewu.com soon enough 😮

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,296 Views)

@TiTou wrote:

I like the name LabVIEW U!

Hope NI will reserve the www.labviewu.com soon enough 😮

That would cost someone about ten bucks (American).  I'd do it myself (like labviewhomework.com) but I wouldn't want to claim-jump your idea.  You might be able to reserve that moniker on YouTube, if you hurry.

I love your idea and would be a regular visitor with grand dreams of being a contributor.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 5 of 10
(7,286 Views)

It just occurred to me that there are going to be copyright/trademark issues if anyone except NI registers that domain name.  I'm a bit slow on the uptake...  But I still would like to see this community do something along these lines.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,269 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

There are already a lot of instructional vides about LabVIEW on youtube, just do a search.

But yes, I agree that video is a good medium to explain things better. Specially single-topic, short vodeos would be useful and can easily be embedded here in the forum.

Sure I merely mean to participate to that.

@altenbach wrote:

Sound is really important thought, because from looking at the video you quoted, it is impossible to tell right-click from left-click from shift-right-click, etc. It is not necessarilty easy to get the full message across. There also might be problems with resolution.

Oh yes, I totally agree, there are plenty of good tools for that (on mac I'm happy with Voila). And yes, a small video is not always the most appropriated way to answer to a message.

@jcarmody "I love your idea and would be a regular visitor with grand dreams of being a contributor."

> well, pick up a soft to make screen videos and get going, what I suggest is that those who want/can start making video-answer to the questions for which its appropriated (I trust people's common sense to judge on that) and we'll see if it spreads up, if it does then hopefully NI folks will then deal will it and start LabVIEW U!

"t just occurred to me that there are going to be copyright/trademark issues if anyone except NI registers that domain name.  I'm a bit slow on the uptake...  But I still would like to see this community do something along these lines."

> Sure... I've contacted my law departement they're working on the name issue Smiley Very Happy

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,259 Views)

That would be great. I havent found many videos on you tube about labview instructions...and I need to learn labview (& quickly). Any resources esp video would be great.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,225 Views)

Good example here.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 9 of 10
(7,202 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I would like to suggest the name "LabVIEW University" that would be would be shortened to "LabVIEW U".

Ben

Or you could call it LabU for LabVIEW.

Tim
GHSP
Message 10 of 10
(7,175 Views)