Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Openings

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

crossrulz wrote:It would be nice if something similar happened with the Version Conversion Board.  Of course, I would still really like something like this as well.

Good suggestion. All topics older than one month from the Version Conversion board have been moved to a private archive. We'll continue to archive topics from that board on a monthly basis.

I hope I'm not being a PITA, but could that archive be public?  It does occaissionally happen that I run into conversions that have already been done and it would be nice to just point the people to that other thread instead of going through the conversion process.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 11 of 14
(2,713 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I hope I'm not being a PITA, but could that archive be public?  It does occaissionally happen that I run into conversions that have already been done and it would be nice to just point the people to that other thread instead of going through the conversion process.

Hi crossrulz,

Can you clarify the scenario you described above? Is this just Forum members requesting the same code be converted multiple times, or things with broader appeal, like examples and toolkits that many members may need to have converted?

I want to make sure that we're making the right decision and cleaning the board up, but not removing useful content that may be needed later. Does this happen frequently and could we maybe resolve it by extending how long we keep posts live before archiving them?

Thanks for the input on this!!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(2,676 Views)

Multiple users asking for the same conversion.  I most commonly see this with instrument drivers.  But now that I'm really thinking about it, it would be really hard to do the search anyways since the subjects never say what the files being converted are.  And it is usually within the month that I will actually remember doing it.  So you can just go ahead and ignore me this time.  Not enough added value for the extra noise on the list of forums.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(2,671 Views)

Definitely not ignoring you - we really appreciate the input and want to make sure we're making the right choices on these things!

We'll go ahead and move forward with the plan Lili laid out unless issues come up.

Thanks again. Have a great weekend!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(2,653 Views)