Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is difficult to access pictures that are reduced in size.

Have a look at my comment here (start reading here).

There needs to be a way to see the full version of images that are inserted using e.g. the "small" option of the forum tool. Having to manually edit URLs is ridiculous. I am pretty sure this is a relatively new bug. (I only tried in chrome. have not tried other browsers)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,930 Views)

I'm not sure if it's a bug (I can't recall how it functioned here in the past), but it is certainly a poor experience. On other sites, the right click click > open in new tab typically allows you to see the full sized image, so I would expect to see the same here. I will follow up with Lithium on this.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 7
(3,920 Views)

I've done some more investigating regarding your comment: Typically, we can right-click an image...open image in new tab, and then easily zoom there.
I think what you may be thinking of is the following:

When a user has inserted an image into a post, and did not specify the image to be viewed as small, medium, or large, then right clicking the image to view it will allow you to see the original, full size image.

Example -- this image below was inserted at "full size" but it's compressed to < 1000 pixels to fit the page. Right click to view image, and you see the full 1172 width image.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/181998iA2B1C921D5BDA4C5/image-size/original?v=lz-1...

hellokitty.jpg

Even so, I still say that you should be able to view a small/medium/large image at its full size when choosing to right click > view image. Still waiting for Lithium's input on this.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
Message 3 of 7
(3,906 Views)

Lithium has stated that this is not a bug, but is expected. I'm going to raise an enhancement request that the full size image can be viewed when opening it in a new tab, rather than viewing the size it was inserted into a post.

~~~~~~~~~
Message 4 of 7
(3,859 Views)

"Open in new tab/window" is a browser feature, so maybe a browser enhancement could strip the size information out.  Maybe it already does if the size tags are formatted differently, who knows. All I know is that virtually everywhere else, I get the full size picture.

The problem with the forum is also that these picture URLs are extremely long, and the size tags are typically cutoff from view and thus harder to notice.

Also, as I already said here,

"At least the forum should turn each picture into a link and show it full size when clicked (like over in the community)....."

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,853 Views)

Is there a way to disable these reduced size selections when inserting images? They seem pretty pointless in the current implementation.

All choices are way too small for the typical diagram image anyway. and since showing full size is currently not intuitive, these sizes should no longer be allowed. Maybe we can hide that selection bot completely and force full size for everything?

small

medium

large

Full size

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,846 Views)

Unfortunately, out-of-the-box we can't hide the sizing options when inserting an image into a post. We have control over the file size a user can upload and the maximum width of an image in a post. There is an out-of-the-box option we could potentially leverage. We'll have to research if this would cover all uses cases though.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,825 Views)