Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have more granular email controls?

Solved!
Go to solution

The ni.com profile allows entry of one email address, to which both forum subscriptions and business correspondence goes. Is it possible to separate subscriptions from correspondence into two email addresses?

Message 1 of 4
(6,158 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JackDunaway

Hi Jack,

You are correct in that today the ni.com profile allows only one email address to be input. I see how this can be a little annoying if you're a very active Community member and are receiving subscription updates as well as NI busniess email. I've noted and communicated your feedback internally and will update this thread if there are advancements planned to have multiple email addresses tied to single accounts in the future. For the time being I might suggest you create a rule and push the subscriptions to a folder to help clear the inbox.

Thanks as always for the feedback, Jack!

Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,145 Views)

Thanks, Jordan. Smiley Happy

And just to further qualify the request, to make sure we're not talking about cluttered inboxes here:

Some interactions belong to my business, and I'm just business representative; other interactions (specifically forum and community interactions, Champion and certification correspondence) are tied to my person. Business email addresses change; personal addresses persist; for these reasons, there's value behind being able to properly funnel the information.

On the other hand, having thought through this, perhaps it makes sense to create two ni.com profiles. Let me dive into this to consider this as a solution, and see if that presents any new challenges, and I can report back if this is the best practice for anyone else with these considerations.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,139 Views)

I second Jack's request and reasons for wanting multiple email addresses.  Forum notifications and whatnot should go to my personal email; business communications should go to my business email.  Having them all go to a single email address increases the chance I'll miss an important email, as I often leave forum notifications unread until I have a chance to get up to speed on the thread.

(I finally got annoyed enough with this to actually make the effort to post the request, only to discover Jack is a step ahead of me.  Smiley Very Happy )

[Edit - I have used email rules in the past to help manage my inbox, but for various reasons that isn't a satisfactory solution to this problem.]

Message 4 of 4
(5,862 Views)