From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing PID Controller to Regulate Temperature

I am a lab assistant from an undergraduate teaching laboratory and I have only been using LabVIEW for approximately 2 months. We are trying to implment a PID controller without any toolkit for a heat exchanger experiement to control the temperature by regulating the steam value. The temperature has to be kept constant once the desired temperature is obtained, and increase it automatically when it drops. My rationale in this case is: set steam value - obtain desired temperature - stop supplying steam - temperature drop - open steam valve automatically - obtain desired temperature . However, we have a problem with wiring the correct set point and the output. I am using a Control and Simulation Loop and a PID Advanced Autotuning subVI within. cDAQ-9174 is used.

I can screenshot part of the block diagram if needed. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,133 Views)

You should have this moved to the LabVIEW, or some other more appropriate forum. Technical questions are offtopic in the feedback forum.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,131 Views)

I must have entered the wrong forum. Thank you for pointing out!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,125 Views)