Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icons thread

Hi,

here is a typical website for sam and max.

Ray.
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 81 of 498
(14,360 Views)
Obviously, Shane and Ray got it right. I knew someone who reads Terry Pratchet wouldn't disappoint me.
Purcell is of course Steve Purcell, the creator of the rather destructive and incredibly funny duo.
Unfortunately, my last real contact with S&M was when I played the great LucasArts game
(I particularly liked the part where the stuffed animals sing the song about John Muir while the word Edutainment flashes on the screen and Max's "I'm cute and marketable" line) and that was a few years ago since the newer OSes have big problems playing the sound from the older games which require direct access to the hardware. Even Windows ME which I have, which is built on 98, doesn't give me the sound. This means that many of my favorite Sierra adventures, as well as games like S&M or little big adventure are off limits, because often the OS won't let them load even without sound. Actually, if anyone knows of a good solution, I'd love to hear about it.
I think we slightly sidetracked the thread. All those in favor of starting a Sam & Max thread in the Breakpoint (maybe a counterweight to the model trains thread?) say Aye.

(14,352 Views)
Thank you all.

That is about as much culture as i can handle for one day.

The link Ray posted indicated an expected version of a game was cancelled.

How about an Open-S&M game project?

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 83 of 498
(14,360 Views)
OK, here's my contri.

Message Edited by Roberto Bozzolo on 04-14-2005 11:49 PM

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(14,363 Views)
Ben,

there was indeed a second Sam&Max game planned, but for some reason (The number of fans willing to buy it certainly wasn't the problem) it was cancelled. The original game is a good ol' DOS thing, therefore hard to get running 2day.

I have heard of a DOS emulator for Win2k and XP which allows DOS games (Ahem, Programs) to be run on an up to date maching.

Can't wait to see the frame rate in DOOM on an Athlon 64 3500+!

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 85 of 498
(14,353 Views)
As a last derailment for this thread, I would like to post an update. Further posts should be on the breakpoint.
Following this, I did some additional checking and I found the answer.
For running SCUMM games (S&M, Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle and so on), there is a sourceforge project called ScummVM, which works perfectly - I was able to run S&M on XP, with sound - works perfectly. I will get on replaying it soon enough. Anyone who doesn't have it, should get it (you can probably still order it from LucasArts). Those who do should download ScummVM and replay it.
I also got some other games to work with some software I knew earlier but didn't work then - Dosbox and VDMSound. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the first Need For Speed or Little Big Adventure to run correctly. That should be the next project. Then, I should try some of the Sierra games.

(14,341 Views)

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 87 of 498
(14,337 Views)
Nice Ray !
But what is in the last waggon ?

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 88 of 498
(14,328 Views)
CC,

It was my SequenceCall Icon. Propably need to make it slow or stop before moving off.

The icon seems to have lost its blue colour. Must correct that.

Regards
Ray.

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 04-21-2005 10:12 AM

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 89 of 498
(14,323 Views)
It's time for my shot replacement of avatar.
I originally wanted to use the resting alligator from Escher's Reptiles, but it looked terrible at such a low resolution, so I made a few options.

Message Edited by tst on 05-09-2005 10:45 AM

(14,250 Views)