Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Like it

Seeing lots of nice logos popping up by the Champs!  

+1 from me

But it makes me wonder how you compiled the list?  For instance: This poor schmuck apparently doesn't rate? and I'm not the only virtual schitzophrenic

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,118 Views)

Presumably this was done by taking the emails that the champions have associated with their acconuts and crossing that with forum users. Or Kelly has a separate spreadsheet somewhere which also includes links to the champion accounts.

Lili, a few minor comments:

1. Can the logo be moved to the left? Having it after the name makes it look weird, particularly for the knights.
  2. The HTML title tag for the logo is the rank. It should probably be champion, to explain the point of the logo, and should maybe also link to the champions group?
  3. The logo itself is pretty unclear. Many moons ago there was a discussion in the champions board about creating a more readable small logo. Maybe you can look at that discussion or get the designers to create a new clearer logo for that size?

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, we used a list provided by the LabVIEW Champions program team. Unfortunately, there can only be one icon on either side of the username, and both of the icons use the tooltip for the user's rank. I do plan to raise an enhancements to Lithium for the latter. As for the sizing, I'll take a look at the discussion mentioned by tst and see if there's anything that can be done, but ultimately we will have to use the official logo provided to us by the LabVIEW Champions program team.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
Message 3 of 5
(5,832 Views)

How about this, Jeff:

NI Forums home.png

This is the new home page if you're not signed in. Nice work. Hopefully that will make it easier for new users and cut down on some of the problematic ones (although, I'm guessing the problematic ones won't bother going into those).

Lili, are these boards also floated for newly registered users? NI has been pretty aggresive in requiring people to have an ni.com account for all kinds of things which don't actually require it, so it's possible that a lot of new users already have an account and are signed into ni.com (although probably not the forums) the first time they get here.

(5,810 Views)

@tst wrote:

This is the new home page if you're not signed in. Nice work. Hopefully that will make it easier for new users and cut down on some of the problematic ones (although, I'm guessing the problematic ones won't bother going into those).

Lili, are these boards also floated for newly registered users? NI has been pretty aggresive in requiring people to have an ni.com account for all kinds of things which don't actually require it, so it's possible that a lot of new users already have an account and are signed into ni.com (although probably not the forums) the first time they get here.

Hi tst,

Yes, the Welcome category is at the top for all users -- although you may not see it directly at the top if you have any floated boards. Maybe the continuous bold board will drive users to go read the topics who normally wouldn't though. Cat LOL

We hope having all of our forum guidelines/tips/help available in one, visible place will help new users know where to start, as well as provide a place for our veteran users to point people who may need help with some best practices.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,794 Views)