Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Inline a picture without exceeding the 10000 char limit

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using Firefox 23 and used a couple of different ways to grab the image; either open it up in Paint and copy it or go to a web site and right click on it to copy the image. Once it is copied I then go into the post I am working on and do a CTRL+V or right click and select paste.

the image shows up straight away within the Rich Text body of the post, once you see that image then switch to the HTML view of the post and you should see the base64 encoding of the image.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(2,857 Views)

That method does not work.  Even if you see it, others won't because it never uploads the actual image to the servers.  I think that explains why I've seen posts where there is a missing image, but when right click checking the properties on it, you see what looks like a long string of hex code.

You must use the Tree icon on the editor toolbar.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(2,845 Views)

Never got as far as posting with an image inserted that way as the character limit stopped me in my tracks.

I resorted to doing an attachment last time and that worked though any one else wanting to see it had to click on the link to view it, unlike every post I saw with a image inserted inline.

I certainly learned the work around after seeking advise from the seasoned veterans on this forum!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(2,833 Views)