Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find the Discussion Groups to which I'm "subscribed"?

I'm subscribed to what used to be called the "LargeApp" Forum, which is also (I think) the place LVOOP hangs out.  I've forgotten how to get there -- it doesn't show up on the normal listing of Groups in the Forum.

I thought I could find it under My Profile, and, indeed, I managed to stumble into it (though I did not see a list of my Subscribed Groups).  By accident, I closed my browser, and now can't find my way back!

Help!  Surely there must be a way to find/remember one's own set of Subscribed Boards -- any suggestions or help?  [Maybe it's just my Advanced Age (double digits!) showing ...]

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,980 Views)

Managed to stumble on it -- somehow I got to My Profile, there were tabs, and one of them showed me my Groups.  Of course, I couldn't find my way back here except by finding a message from Lili earlier this week when she mentioned this Forum.  Can I "subscribe" to this Forum so it (also) appears on my List of Forums?  [Now to figure out how to get back to my Profile ...]

B (Confused) S

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,977 Views)

Hi Bob,

I think the confusion may be in the differences between the two platforms: the Discussion Forums and the User Group Community.

On the forums, you will find boards with topics. Typically the topics on the forums are for support/help. The full list of boards is seen on the homepage.

On the community, you find find groups with discussions and documents, as well as group blogs or user blogs. Typically, the discussions in the community groups are for best practices and collaboration. You can see all of the groups here.

On the forums, to find your subscriptions, you can go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications > My Subscriptions.
This page shows topics you have participated in or manually subscribed to, as well as entire boards you have subscribed to.

On the forums, if there is a board you want to be able to quickly navigate to, without subscribing to it, you can use the "float" option. Floating a board will have the board appear at the top of forums homepage, above the Welcome & Announcements board.

floatedboard.png

To float a board, go to the board, click on Options (next to the New Message button), then select "Float this item to the top".

As for the user group community, you can find groups you belong to by clicking on Your Stuff from the navigation, then selecting Groups.

yourstuff.png

If you want to see discussions, groups, blogs, etc. that you have subscribed to receive email notifications for, go to Your Profile > Manage Email Notifications. On this page, you will see your subscriptions and can use the filter dropdown menu to sort the list. Note: You can subscribe to a group and technically not be a member of the group.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,971 Views)