From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the forums webpage back

With this new layout it seems that the URL http://forums.ni.com is no longer accurate since it now goes to "NI Community Home" which is more like a social media website than a forum.  Would it be possible to have a way to go to just the forums with all the subforums visible?

95% of the time that I visit the forums, I simply need to go to a specific subforum (LabVIEW, NI VeriStand, etc.) so I can search just that subforum.  I don't need to be distracted by social media while working (I distract myself enough without help :)).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,479 Views)

I don't like the new design for multiple reasons, but I wouldn't say it's like social media. For the use case you describe, I think the tree on the left side might work well enough, since you can open it and go to the specific board you want.

(4,457 Views)

Hello, 

Thank you very much for this feedback, regarding this particular question there are two things I would like to mention: 

- The forums.ni.com homepage has changed because of the renovations we're doing with the forums and user group community. http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Discussion-Forums-News/The-NI-Community-renovations-are-almost-here/ba-p/... In the future, the homepage will not be just for the forums, and therefore the previous list of all forum boards had to be moved.

- Once our renovations are complete, there will be a page available that lists all of the discussion forum boards. This will be accessible from the sidebar navigation, or the user is welcome to bookmark it to access it directly.

Please let me know if any further questions. 

Thank you

Alberto 

NI Community Team 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,442 Views)

Unfortunately, because of this new design, I don't have a "left side".  I have to scroll down quite a ways to even get to the links to the forums.  Also, if I'm not entirely sure which category something is under, I would need to browse to several links.  Having to scroll down and browse to several links should be unnessecary when vising any site that has "forums", IMO.

I guess I just prefer websites that are more straight foward and functional than 'pretty'.

I guess I'll just have to wait for the webpage that Alberto described and try to memorize that URL.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,406 Views)

@Nathan_B. wrote:

Unfortunately, because of this new design, I don't have a "left side".  I have to scroll down quite a ways to even get to the links to the forums.

You must be using a small browser window -- under 1000 pixels?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,385 Views)

Yes.  Always (if possible).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,369 Views)

@Nathan_B. wrote:

I guess I just prefer websites that are more straight foward and functional than 'pretty'.

Agreed. Like I said, I don't like the new design. I just said I don't think it's like social media.

@Nathan_B. wrote:

I guess I'll just have to wait for the webpage that Alberto described and try to memorize that URL.

Or add those boards as favorites and use those to go straight to them? Seems easier.

(4,365 Views)