From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forums page number (I have to pass all the previous pages !!!!)

Hi,

Is the only way to go to a page which has number more that 3 (lets say 10) to pass through all the previous page in the forum?

I prefer to have a numeric box near the page numbers by which the user can enter the page number he wants, without passing all the previous pages!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,675 Views)

If you are referring to an individual topic with multiple pages, I just type the page number in at the end of the address bar. But it is anyone's guess as where you will end up in terms of chronological time within the posts.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,673 Views)

Hello Zekasa,

I have inquired about this from our vendor. Apparently this has not been implemented because of the amount of time it takes to calculate precise pagination for very long threads. Calculating the exact number of pages would require looking at the entire thread before loading the first page. This would take an unacceptably long time to load the page. They have opted for a method that loads the page quickly and figures out the rest of the pagination in the background while members are reading the first few pages.

Nonetheless, I have reported this as an Idea to be considered.

Currently you can navigate to a specific page by adding "/page/(page number you want to view)" to the end of the URL of the topic you are viewing. 

Hope this helps!

Jordan

Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,658 Views)

Hi,

thank you for your interest, if the adding the page number box id  not possible, I have another suggestion, some web sites do the following, let;s say that the number of pages appear are 1 2 3, if I press page number 3, it responds by removing  numbers 1 & 2 and shows 3 4 5. By this the user will be able to jump 3 pages with passing each page one by one.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,645 Views)