Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum slow?

Since early this morning, the forums has been very slow, often taking at least 10-20 seconds to load any page. Anyone else? (I tried from two different locations).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(4,443 Views)

Hi,

is it just me or is the forum very slow today?

Apart from slow website loading I experience problems while posting ("could not post, try again in a few minutes") or "topic not found" when opening the link in email notifications. And all those problems at significantly higher rate than usual/expected…

Edit: Christian was raising the very same question at nearly the same time. Apparently the forum is even slower here in Europe… 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(4,442 Views)

On a different network, I'm seeing ~9 second load times on certain pages versus < 2 seconds on non-forums pages. We'll escalate this to Lithium to see if there's an issue on their end.

~~~~~~~~~
Message 3 of 22
(4,435 Views)

I confirm the slow site problem. I managed to post a duplicate post while I was not even aware that my posts went through (bizarre red error banner telling me to fix stuff in my post when there wasn't anything meaningful I could change). I won't even try kudos today...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(4,411 Views)

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? Load times seem normal today.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(4,388 Views)

I agree. It feels OK today.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(4,385 Views)

Better on this side of the 'hood.

It just takes way too long to process an update though (Kudo, Post, etc).

I guess that's the new meaning of "new, responsive framework".

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(4,378 Views)

Hi,

this morning the "responsive design" is rather "unresponsive" - again!

Firefox keeps spinning its loading progress indicators for minutes when reloading forum threads after creating a new messages  or even when opening the LabVIEW forum…

The forum is in general very slow when I compare the load times with other forums I visit regularly: opening the German LabVIEW forum (with auto-login enabled) needs about 1s. Opening the LabVIEW forum by using a bookmark (without auto-login) needs at least 5s, with the option to have Firefox spinning for minutes while "waiting for ni.lithium.com"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(4,333 Views)

Yes, it is slower than molasses in winter. Loading or refreshing a page or posting a reply takes at least 10 seconds each. Feels like last century.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(4,315 Views)

We're following up on this right now. It seems to be intermittent.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(4,310 Views)