Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum questionaire

Hi,

right now several times a small window popped up from the bottom of the LabVIEW forum website advertising for some questionaire on improvement of the forum.

I tried to participate two times - both tries I was forwarded to an "error 404" website…

What kind of feedback do you expect from such questionaires? 😉

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,484 Views)

I see the same.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,479 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,477 Views)

same here

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,470 Views)

For the past week or so there has been link in the announcements section of the main page to a survey. Gone now.  I started that but canceled out because it was one of those "how much do you love me?" surveys which I think return no useful information, but may make the marketing department feel good. Sorry, NI, but I do not care much about how the people in your marketing department feel.

So when the little pop-up started annoying me I just hit the No Thanks link. That seems to have gotten rid of the little pest, altough I won't be too surprised if it tries again tomorrow.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,461 Views)

I got one of those links on the bottom of my browser.  Running Chrome in Windows 7 x64 and I was able to go through the survey just now on my first try (I was ignoring it all day).

It mostly asked how you would choose to find information on a topic, by giving you a navigation tree.  I'm guessing they want to see how intuitive the options are for finding what they want.  Oh did the user have to back track a few categories to get what they want?  Oh did the user settle and found information that might help but isn't exactly what they want?  That type of information.

I came here to comment on the survey itself.  Sorry for those that couldn't take it yet.  I couldn't help but think in almost all of the times it asked how to find what I wanted, that a google search is what I would use first.  How do you find out more information about how to use a cDAQ?  I'd google "cDAQ" with my task I want to do, and add"site:ni.com".  How would you find out how to purchase LabVIEW?  I'd google "purchase labview site:ni.com".

I can understand NI wanting to make their site more intuitive, but lets get to the meat of the issue.  It isn't "how do we make NI.com more intuitive" it is "How can users find what they want easier on NI.com" and searching (when it works) is the fastest method.  NI fix your search and things will get better.  Or just license google and have them take care of your search features.

To NI's credit the hardware selection stuff is pretty nice.  NI.com/DAQ then filter based on the DAQ type, form factor, I/O type, etc.  That is better than a google search.

Message 6 of 9
(5,451 Views)

That is a different survey, then.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,441 Views)

Ok, the link worked for me this time.  Interesting test.  Nope, couldn't find anything.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,438 Views)

Ok,

the link popped up today again (at work and not at home):

check.png

And guess what: today the link isn't broken anymore!

And then the first question starts with a translation error:

check.png

(It misses a "n"…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,425 Views)