Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum changes in 2012!

Ben,

My major point is that the FAQ's do not directly contribute to the community today because they are not public.  Perhaps a re-focus would be benificial. And perhaps I am rationalizing my lack of effort in that area as well.

You made some side points that are well reasoned.

1) better for the community that FAQ's are member generated (agreed)

2) the Heavy hitters and frequent flyers could identify areas for FAQ's without the me too feature.

Sorry to hijack this thread- we need another to address FAQ development and gather group input (IMHO) see here

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 78
(7,705 Views)

FAQs was discussed already (I'm too lazy to search for the thread).

I think we had all agreed it was a good idea at the time.  Nothing ever came out of it. 

Was it at that time that Ben started writing them?  Or was it pre-Nugget days?  I can't remember.

Well..  my guess is that Nuggets became what FAQ's were supposed to be.

If FAQs were to re-surface, they should be implemented in a manner similar to Wiki's, where multiple authors can contribute without creating a multi-page thread that the Nuggets create.  Links could be provided to threads used for discussions.

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 78
(7,688 Views)

From my daughters toy box. Brings back some good memories.

photo.JPG

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 43 of 78
(7,663 Views)

For symmetry and to keep the universe in balance, we really should also have the "Not me" button.

(Like that that invisible Gremlin from the Family Circus comic strip.)

Download All
Message 44 of 78
(7,641 Views)

Jordan's gonna love us... 😉

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 78
(7,612 Views)

And now for today's confusing scenario regarding Kudos and Me Toos:

I say we go back to STARS!!! Who's with me?

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 78
(7,575 Views)

Heh heh heh 😄

Or is this so you can dish out negative stars to me 😞

(7,558 Views)

@Jordan G wrote:

As my first improvement to the Forums, I would like to go live with the Me Too feature. Me too  is a button that allows users to participate without writing a message on the forums for both questions and answers.   A registered user simply presses the Me too button and gets feedback with the number of other users who either had the same question, or found the same solution helpful.

The Me too button signifies the questions that are most in need of an answer and the solutions that work. This Me too feature should:

Hello,

it's not clear to me when there is a MeToo button for a solution...

Obviously, every first post in a thread got a MeToo button. Sometimes, the post marked as solution also shows the MeToo button, however, some solutions don't. Does a moderator categorize the solutions into good (with MeToo button) and not so good (no MeToo button) solutions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 78
(7,534 Views)

ah, I've found the solution to my previous comment - if it's me looking at my solution obviously I can't add a MeToo Smiley Wink Sorry for the noise...

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 78
(7,518 Views)

I still want the serach engine fixed.

I would expect the search engine with this search "Ben Nugget exploit control reference" would let me find this but it will not.

I am not interested in what words I have to feed it to find that nugget. I'm here to help with LV etc and I do not plan on learnig about some goofed up search thingy. THe thingy should be fixed to find stuff based on what we enter.

And don't tell me it can't work becuase...

The old search engine did fine.

Google can find it, why not the search engine?

Why?

Becuase the search engine su#%s !

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 50 of 78
(7,501 Views)