Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum changes in 2012!

I think I see serious flaws with the current Me Too.

Assume I'm looking for a solution, I do a quick search and find a lot of threads and a few solved threads.  Sorting by Me Too (threads) and Me Too (Solutions) just cut my search time by 90%.

Most Me Too'd (threads/Solutions) per board, Like most Kudoed posts, are gems I want to review.  But right now- I can'tSmiley SadSmiley Sad

But I think the feature is great.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 78
(8,080 Views)

Could someone try to explain what good the Me Too button is intended to do and how it will improve the forum, please?

So far it looks like something that came out of a commity (need I say more?).

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 78
(8,059 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Could someone try to explain what good the Me Too button is intended to do and how it will improve the forum, please?

Ben

Looks like a feature added to Lithium, by way of THEIR Idea Exchange...

http://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/Suggest-Your-Ideas/quot-Me-too-quot-button/idi-p/4978/page/2

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 78
(8,026 Views)

If I watch MeTV does that count?

I personally don't see the point of this "Me Too" button either. From the original post: "A registered user simply presses the Me too button and gets feedback with the number of other users who either had the same question, or found the same solution helpful.". And how does that help, exactly? Seems more of a metric than anything else.

Message 14 of 78
(8,022 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Ben

"Me too" is a new function.

As someone has Just taken over fulltime from Laura, they feel the need to make a visible impact straight away (everyone does in a new job.) It's not Jordan's fault.

"Me too" is designed to confuse the **** out of all of the users of the forum for the next 6 months until it has messed up the search function even more. I suspect somone wants a particular type of new search function/engine and is doing their best to destroy the search capability of the forum until they get paid to do it.

"Me too" does not appear to help someone read through a long open thread and decide at the end of 10 pages that they want to "Me too" without going back to the first post (unless I have misunderstood it), so once the post gets 3 pages long, a new parallel thread will be started! Whoopy do!

(I wonder how long this post lasts until it gets removed by a moderator?)

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
Message 15 of 78
(8,018 Views)

double post - deleting second. (NI site slow to respond AGAIN)

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 78
(8,016 Views)

I agree with Saverio.  This new button is just noise.

People already have enough trouble with Kudos and "Accepted Solution". 

Adding another button will only cause more confusion.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 78
(8,014 Views)

@James W wrote:

I suspect somone wants a particular type of new search function/engine and is doing their best to destroy the search capability of the forum until they get paid to do it.

Well...  If they reverted to the older search engine, THAT would be an improvement worth noting.

I'd strongly vote to get rid of the "Me Too". 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 78
(8,011 Views)

Me Too isn't evil-  but the current implementation reminds me of airbags that only deploy at the press of a button on your cars dashboard.

OT- Hold it What is THAT? lower right of the subject in the editor.  "Autosaved at 9:58 AM"   Like that is useful!!!! like a screendoor on a submarine

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 78
(8,000 Views)

LOL @ Jeff,

The autosave feature was useful for me on several occasions where it failed to submit a post (usually a long-winded one) and it recovered the entire post.

An essential feature when using windoze OS.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 78
(7,996 Views)