From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: allow tags for comments in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange forum

There isn't much to add to the title itself, except maybe to remind that in regular forum, it is possible to tag any post (not just the original one) while in the IE forum, only the first post can be tagged.

Consider this use case of tags (mine as it turns out): a message is tagged if it contains an interesting tidbit of information.

That could be post 30 in a thread, which would be located on page 3 (and thus invisible when navigating to the thread itself, which will only show page 1).

Tagging the message and clicking on the tag in "My Tags" will bring a page with the different locations where this tag is used. Then, clicking on the desired occurence, the page where that message is located is shown: direct access is provided.

For posts in the IE, if I am interested in comment on page 3, I can only tag the original post, which may sometimes have nothing to do with the content I am interested in in the later comment. Which means I have to reread the whole thread to figure out that piece of information I was interested: waste of time and effort.

Message 1 of 6
(4,383 Views)

Hi X.,

Currently, there is no "out-of-the-box" way to add tags to comments on the Lithium platform. I'd be happy to raise the enhancement to them.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 6
(4,362 Views)

Thanks.

Folks, please Kudo the request (or Lili's) if you feel that this would be a useful addition to the forum features.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,353 Views)

Is there any update on this? I hate to add a tag to a multi page thread when the gem I am interested in getting at is lost in the middle of the thread.

Having the option to tag specific posts would be a time saver.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,406 Views)

No, unfortunately there has been no traction on this request.

Are you tagging comments to find again later? You could try using the Bookmark option found in the comment options menu. However, I know the My Bookmarks page is also limited and has no filtering options.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,385 Views)

I also could paste links in a web page of my personal website and edit everything the way I would ideally want things to be organized.

I'd rather have tools with minimal functionality built in the forum.

I fail to see what is the difference between a post in the IEs and other forums though, and what prevents Lithium to implement this with a single line of code.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,378 Views)