Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enthusiasts 2

Hi Ray et al,

tst was correct in THEIR expalnation of the evloultion collumn and realease 7a.

This collumn does make it easier to spot shifts in the standings, it should viewed only to draw attention to accomplshments in one of the other collumns.

I have tried to think of the regular contributors as a team that work together to help the questioners.

Attempts to get big delta's in the Evolution collumn are only going to lead to in-fighting.

Like any delta, they should be taken in context.

In my case, I plan on getting a "-1" in that collumn about three times in the next year or so, when Greg starts answering again, and then again when CC and possibly tst blow past me.

But in the meanwhile, I am not going to stand still waiting for that to happen!

Like I have told BJD on many occations, "This is a marathon, not a sprint!"

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 81 of 225
(3,072 Views)

@Ben wrote:
JoeLabView has just passed Gorka Larrea's old mark of 522. I always thought that was an impossible goal when I started answering Q's.

Congratulations and thanks to all!

Ben

Thanks Ben,

I must admit... When I first became an "Enthusiats" I thought breaking 200 would never happen. I never even considered 500. Let's just say that things have changed since the new forum. We can't really compare with the past one. Once we have the "social forum", things may change again.. especially if those posts do not change number of stars or number of postings..

Ray
Message 82 of 225
(3,066 Views)
Todays list is attached.

we now have a new member of the 1K Club. He is only the 8th person to pass 1000. Again Congratualtions Altenbach.

The big mover was PauloM moving up 74 slots to # 216 on the list.

Following that were

Alan A. +38 to 242
tst +29 to 48
Travs H +28 to 194
AnujD +20 to 172
Johnner +19 to 95
Donald +19 to 195

And the most number of replies per week performance is turned by tst!

It looks like we have activity att all levels of the list.

Congratulations to all on your accomplishments.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 83 of 225
(3,024 Views)
Thanks Ben for the update..

😄
Message 84 of 225
(3,000 Views)
Just a question - not that I mind (I really don't), but why do you divide by 8 to get the average number of responses per day for a week. Is this just something that was overlooked or is there a reason (Like Jean-Pierre, I'm starting to see conspiracies to deny me my answers mark)? If this is a mistake, there is no need to repost the file - I was just wondering.

What, you mean you DON'T work 8 days a week? Gotta get that coding challenge finished......

Shane
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 86 of 225
(2,994 Views)
I will bring that issue to CC's attention when he returns.

I just run the code, I did not write it.

The lists I posts are far from official.

If you look close there was one person that moved down 350 slots. I am not sure how that happened.

My intention when posting the list is to keep people informed of accomplishments that would otherwise go un-noticed.

The numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.

Ben
Message 87 of 225
(2,991 Views)
Hi everybody !

Just in time to feed you with the List weekly update. Thanks to Ben for assuming the "interim", and facing some criticisms. tst was right when it argued that 8 days were not a week. This was an horrific bug (among others...), hopefully corrected now.

Welcome to our new members : becktho, Alejandro, Brett B., biker2000, KevinL, Peter H-NI, sunrays, TongY and spaceman spif.

Our sprinters of the week are spaceman spif, becktho and AlejandroZ, with 10-12 contributions/day, while the best performer over last month has been tst : with more than 10 replies a day on average, she finished ahead of DK, still on a vertigenous ascending slope and Altenbach, rushing for the 1000 milestone.

The barrier was smashed again when BilalD became the second miler LabWindower.

Nice week...

Who's next ? tst ?

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 88 of 225
(2,958 Views)
Hey... CC...
Good to have you back. Hope you enjoyed the field work.

@chilly charly wrote:
Who's next ? tst ?

I highly doubt this, although I do hope I can keep a fairly high rate over these next few months.

she finished ahead of DK

I guess someone wasn't paying enough attention ("assumption is the mother" and so on) - what makes you think I'm a woman?

tst was right when it argued

It... MMM... thanks?

One last thing - can you explain more about how you automated the collection of this data and\or post the code?

Thanks...

Message Edited by tst on 03-07-2005 12:29 AM

Hi tst !

Hope you enjoyed the field work.
I was not working ! Just trying to be Indiana Jones... and it worked !!! except for some internal piping problems related to the water quality...

...she finished ahead of DK...

...tst was right when it argued...

Do not complain ! You all tried to confuse us, and you should never have talked about sex anyway !.. 😄

One last thing - can you explain more about how you automated the collection of this data and\or post the code?
I'll post the code, need just some time to make it cleaner and add a few comments...

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 90 of 225
(2,946 Views)