Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enthusiasts 2

Now when does that second box change......Active to ? (I know it was mentioned somewhere)
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 21 of 225
(3,748 Views)
I think it will change when one of the two conditions if satisfied.

1) >2000 postings (see CC initial post)

2) >1000 posting ONLY iF we all gang up on poor Molly and convince her that 1000 postings justifies recognition.

I advocate 5 levles on all three bars, PLUS add two more bars for number of rating given and average of ratings given.

Contributions count could be recognized at the currently lower levels (don't know those numbers) but ther would be recognition at

1000 - Enthusiast
2500 - Master Enthusiast
and 5000 Grand Master Enthusiast

Yes I would end sliding down a slot but that would put recognition for some our biggest contributors within their reach and would give Dennis and myself a goal to help motivate us (as if he needs encouragement!).

So I am advocating changing from 54 bar patterns (27 for NI, 27 for non-NI) to 6250 patterns (3125 for each NI and non-NI).

And since this thread started out with CC wondering what would happen if...

The only person that NI has that is even close to hitting the 2500 mark is Greg McKaskle. Just think, 600 more answers from Greg.

I can feel cerebral over-load coming on already.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 22 of 225
(3,751 Views)
The Enthusiast list has been updated, and improved.
No changes in the top20s. Dennis and Ben are still there, and nobody seems to be close to threaten their position.

Enjoy and keep wiring !

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 23 of 225
(3,721 Views)
Ben

3 golden bars ! Congratulations !
Please, now that you reached the summit, dont't give up ! We , poor mortals, still need your help !

CC

Message 24 of 225
(3,706 Views)
Thank you CC!

I was trying to save that for next week when I will be back to the Exchange BUT,

My customer mentioned that I was going to be writing a CRC generator so I had to log in!

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 25 of 225
(3,701 Views)
Congratulations Ben!!

3 dark shades of gold!

and thank you CC for constantly updating the Enthusiast's list.

😄
Message 26 of 225
(3,676 Views)
The weekly update of the Enthusiasts list is served.
One major change : This is an exhaustive list, computed from an exhaustive list of the NI forum users (nearly 40,000). Of course, this time I used a tool more sophisticated than pain and sweat. LabVIEW did it for me. I must admit that for this sort of work, machine is better than human. A proof of this statement is that the top 100's list now contains 184 members, instead of 146 in the initial Enthusiasts2 version. Means that I missed 38 Enthusiasts, actually a better score than my original 2/3 guess.

Accordingly, the Enthusiast range has been extended (with a threshold of 50 answers), increasing the list size to 345.
Several minor changes : additional columns present the date of first and last connection, and average activity is computed (since first connection, and over the last 15 days).

Enjoy

CC

PS : It seems that Dennis has seriously increased his answer rate. Last rush before the 4000 answers barrier breaking ?

Message 27 of 225
(3,622 Views)
Apparently, Machine still need man : a group of about 1000 users had been skipped.
So here is the corrected list, with 4 more Enthusiasts...
Hope this is the only bug.

CC

Message 28 of 225
(3,638 Views)
Thanks CC!

This prompts more suggestions of course...

Did you choose two weeks arbitrarily?

I'd like to have monthly contribution counts, (quarterly, bi-annual, anual) also recognizid in a sort of "Hall of Fame".

It would help contributotrs that are just starting out, compare themseles to the "champions of old". I can remember back when Gorka Larea was in the upper stratusphere with 350 answers.

Back to the sheet;

It illustrates an important point. It does not take a lot of answers per day to mak a contribution to the exchange.

Ben
Message 29 of 225
(3,637 Views)

@Ben wrote:
...Did you choose two weeks arbitrarily?
I'd like to have monthly contribution counts, (quarterly, bi-annual, anual) also recognizid in a sort of "Hall of Fame".

That's exactly what I have in mind. 15 days is just a handle to start with. Next week, I'll have enough data to begin a monthly evaluation.

More generally, my idea would be to develop an index based on 3 parameters : answer number, anwer rate and quality. For instance :
Enthusiasm index = 100 x (a * number index + b * rate index + quality index)/(a + b + 1).
with :
number index = answer number/5000 . . . . . .(this will leave some room to Dennis...)
rate index = Average answer rates/5 . . . . (5 answers a day, on average !)
quality index = (c * ((average rating - 3.5)/1.5) + ratings/answer number)/(c + 1)

Since we have now some data to work with, may be it is time to begin a constructive discussion, and define our own evaluation method ?

CC

Message 30 of 225
(3,634 Views)