Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enthusiasts 2

Thanks CC and welcome back..

The list is getting much longer..
This forum certainly has taken a "twist" since it's new format.
It's good. 😄

tst must be a woman... 😉

JLV
Message 91 of 225
(2,916 Views)
I would also like to point out that Tbob has passed the mark established by Gorka Larrea.

Congratulations Tbob!

Welcome back CC.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 92 of 225
(2,925 Views)
We are NOT amused (that's Monty Python for all you people with not enough quality (?) TV hours logged).
You should not make fun of people. Think about all those people coming from gender oriented languages (can anyone say CC?). They have to deal with that weird langauge called English, where a table is not a male and a car is not a female, and all you people have to go and make fun of their difficulties. Oui are especially disappointed in you, Charly. Eye would have expected you to treat other people having trouble with gender related linguistic problems more gently. I have a dream. And in that dream every man, woman and closet can surf the web without having their insides examined. But, in order to satisfy your curiosity, I'll come clean - I am, in fact, a g&8(^&#^ garbled 67^*#%(FKKJ unclear *$&(HFI bad reception ^&$**$IG the cellular client you are trying to reach is unavailable. please try again later Y&$^&(*UH^&#(/. And that's all I have to say about the war in Vietnam. I hope this clears up your questions.

Hi CC

I was looking forward to "Enthusiasts10" knowing that I should break into the 50+ list.
Unfortunately my Visible property seems to be disabled ? 😞
I should have notched up about 100 replies.
Do I have to start again from scratch !!

NeilR
Message 94 of 225
(2,870 Views)
Hi NeilR,

I am sure that CC will come back with you included in the list soon.

In the meanwhile let me expalain why you were missed (I believe).

CC started this effort by hand.

He then automated the look-ups and updates.

In his code he look for the user ID that shows up when you look at your NeilR Tracker screen.

He has manually entered all of the people that in the current report.

He (we) will have to add your number to the list that is updated.

I had noticed you significant contributions as was wondering when you would show up on the radrad screen.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 95 of 225
(2,872 Views)
Hi NeilR !
The omission is corrected. However, the stats showing your monthly activity will be biaised for a while since you didn't exists before now. By the way, happy zeroth birthday !!!

Hi Ben ! You are only partially right. Only in the first issues were the list members located by hand. The automation process began with a specific version of the user search.vi you already now, that scrolled through all the NI data base, from user 1 to user 40000+, recording users with more than 20 replies. Took several hours of continuous requests to build a file of 673 users, that could potentially be (or become...) enthusiasts. To avoid a saturation of the NI server, The Weekly List update is done by scanning only the users recorded in this file.
Of course, some actualisation needs to be done periodically, to take into account new subscribers of the NI forum, and to include those who suddenly awoke, as for instance our new friend NeilR. Seems that NOW should be a good time... but I'll wait for a less busy period before launching the user file update.

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 96 of 225
(2,867 Views)
Hi Ben

Thanks for getting back to me.
The list is a great way of adding a bit of spice to things, as well as highlighting the incredible contributions made by folks like Dennis, Christian and your good self.
It would be nice to see it as a permanent fixture of the forum with it's own page.

Keep up the good work, it's appreciated.

I look forward to my name in lights in the next issue. 🙂

Cheers
Neil
Message 97 of 225
(2,899 Views)
That was quick work CC. Thanks.

I'm gonna have to go some to catch up with 'tst' though, that boy/girl* 😉 (*delete as appropriate) is flying !!

Cheers
Neil
Message 98 of 225
(2,861 Views)
Yes tst is flying but...

If you do the math, CC is scheduled to move into second place on the list in less than 3 years.

It will make for interesting competition seeing who passes me frist.

I am betting on CC, but tst may do it first.

Should we start a poll?

Ben
Message 99 of 225
(2,861 Views)

@Ben wrote:
...It will make for interesting competition seeing who passes me first...

You should not bet on me Ben : As a frenchie, you know that I'm a well-mannered man. Ladies first...
CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 100 of 225
(2,861 Views)