Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit window is not secure

Trying to reply now often gives me an incomplete edit wondow, and I cannot add lings, for example.

This started recently. Sometimes there is no problem, but sometimes there is.

When trying to open in IE (default security settings), I get a warning that "Only secure content is displayed", see image. Once I click "show all content", the edit window works fine. On chrome there is no such bailout option.

This is a new problem! It is not really intermittent, but seem to depend on which post/forum I am replying to.

When it falis, it cannot be fixed by reloading the page.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,625 Views)

On chrome I get the following:

("clicking on load unsecure script" does nothing. I now have the same problem with composing this very post and I cannot insert the image.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,621 Views)

Trying to insert a link in IE, gives me a blank little window. Cannot insert.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,613 Views)

OK, I cleared all internet cache, etc. using ccleaner and things seem to have improved.

I guess there was a site update but I still had some cached content from the previous version ...

I hope this is now fixed...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,600 Views)

I saw the incomplete edit window once on Safari but did not get any insecurity warnings.  I am not sure whether Safari generates such messages or whether I have the appropriate settings to get them.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,583 Views)

This thread, from 3 months ago, shows that's what I've been seeing in Chrome too. I don't recall being shown the "Unsecure" message however.

I get this in all versions of Chrome, in new and old Virtual Machines, so in my case it can't be to do with any legacy settings etc. 

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,560 Views)

@Thoric wrote:

This thread, from 3 months ago, shows that's what I've been seeing in Chrome too. I don't recall being shown the "Unsecure" message however.

Sure looks similar. In my case it started very suddenly. The "unsecure message" is very subtle and hard to miss in chrome. All you get is the light-grey shield as seen in my picture and you need to click it to get the details as shown.

In IE it is a bit more obvious.

In my case, this occurred in both browsers, so it does not seem like a browser issue.

I wonder if there is a way to get a much more detailed report on what the browser perceives as a problem.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,535 Views)