Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dratted "Community" side

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Interesting side note:  Lili, can you confirm my suspicion that Event Registrations are tied to e-mail addresses and not profiles?  Oddly, after clearing up the e-mail, I received a polite reminder that I was not registered for NI Days Chicago.  I'm positive the old e-mail (That can no longer be accessed) had an event registration confirmation.  I did re-register via the newer e-mail.  I may have to eat two lunches to keep everything square on NI's side Smiley Very Happy

Hi Jeff,

I received confirmation that registrations are tied to email address, not to NI user profile.
So if you registered for an event, then updated your email, your current registration would not get updated to the new email address.

Thanks,

Yes, That confirms my problem this morning.  Despite, having registered TWICE for NI Days Chicago, no badge was ready for me!  The event WAS outstanding! (Kudos to all at NI that pulled it off!) and the registration staff was FULLY equipped to print a badge on the fly!

In summary, I had a great time despite traffic.  Whoever ordered the weather should be especially commended!  You might consider tying event registrations to profiles.  OTOH E-Mail address changes are rather rare.  I think that I hit an edge-case with the abrupt change.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(1,946 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:  You might consider tying event registrations to profiles.  OTOH E-Mail address changes are rather rare.  I think that I hit an edge-case with the abrupt change.

No, NI really needs to merge their many databases.  It is annoying getting an email saying I should sign up for a CLAD just because I looked up an exam while helping someone.  Clearly, I do not need to sign up for a CLAD.  But the funniest was when I got an email from NI saying that I should sign up for a local LabVIEW Core 1 and Core 2.  I was the one teaching it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 12 of 12
(1,936 Views)