Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dratted "Community" side

I reciently needed to change my E-mail address

Capture.PNG

Nope, have not gotten the e-mail!  cannot log in to the "Lumen" side of things.  E-mail to "Profile@ni.com" is unresponsive.  (And what happened to the "Call me NOW" button?)

This is frustrating!  You know the number and e-mail address.....in case you forgot

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,719 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Sorry to hear you were having issues yesterday. Your issue should be resolved now. We'll follow up with the NI Profile team to let them know what happened.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 12
(5,697 Views)

Interesting side note:  Lili, can you confirm my suspicion that Event Registrations are tied to e-mail addresses and not profiles?  Oddly, after clearing up the e-mail, I received a polite reminder that I was not registered for NI Days Chicago.  I'm positive the old e-mail (That can no longer be accessed) had an event registration confirmation.  I did re-register via the newer e-mail.  I may have to eat two lunches to keep everything square on NI's side Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,677 Views)

Hi Jeff,

A lot of the NIDays team is out of office for the event, but I'll see what I can find out about this.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,672 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

I may have to eat two lunches to keep everything square on NI's side Smiley Very Happy

That is also two chances to win the raffels! This may turn into an error in you favor.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 12
(5,664 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

I may have to eat two lunches to keep everything square on NI's side Smiley Very Happy

That is also two chances to win the raffels! This may turn into an error in you favor.

Unfortunatly, I had 500 new business cards printed the day before the corrupted E-mail address was dumped.  The LMB- is handwritting the corrected E-mail address on them as we speak.

Someday, those "Faulty Business Cards" might be worth a dime each! (I should have had them printed with an upside-down airplane)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,655 Views)

Consider just printing new ones. It will look more professional.

Also, if your email address is not under your own domain, you should definitely consider doing that. I hear that Squarespace is a good platform for sites.

@tst wrote:

Consider just printing new ones. It will look more professional.

Also, if your email address is not under your own domain, you should definitely consider doing that. I hear that Squarespace is a good platform for sites.

Yeah, I'll check out Squarespace.  I was printing the cards with NI Days Chicago as the target before the whole e-mail fiasco hit.  Printing new cards before tomarrow is not going to happen!  I'll be dressed nice! but, the business cards will look a bit slovenly.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,631 Views)

And I hear Hover is a good way to set up a domain with email, and it looks like 8ball.consulting is available for $25 - https://www.hover.com/domains/results?q=8ball

@JÞB wrote:

Interesting side note:  Lili, can you confirm my suspicion that Event Registrations are tied to e-mail addresses and not profiles?  Oddly, after clearing up the e-mail, I received a polite reminder that I was not registered for NI Days Chicago.  I'm positive the old e-mail (That can no longer be accessed) had an event registration confirmation.  I did re-register via the newer e-mail.  I may have to eat two lunches to keep everything square on NI's side Smiley Very Happy

Hi Jeff,

I received confirmation that registrations are tied to email address, not to NI user profile.
So if you registered for an event, then updated your email, your current registration would not get updated to the new email address.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,580 Views)