Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments/Questions on New Layout

It appears from my previous post that listed elements are using a different font from normal paragraphs.

Sample list:

• One
  • Two
  • Three

I made no text dimensioning while typing and there is no evidence of such tags when viewing the html in the editor

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

GerdW wrote: Cursor-left key, from below the image: does not work, cursor stays in front of "putting". Using the mouse I can place the cursor behind the image, but not in front the image. (Because the image is bigger than the last time?)

The pattern seems to change from day to day. (Still Win7Enterprise, FF47.0.1)

Perhaps this issue is connected to the issue in which you can't add text to the left or right of a left or right aligned image. I'll log this issue accordingly.

johnsold wrote: Lili, The main problem with the insert window is the same as the rest of the site: EVERYTHING IS TOO BIG TO FIT ON THE PAGE!

ᵀʰᵉ ᶦˢˢᵘᵉ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉ ᶦᵐᵃᵍᵉ ᵖʳᵉᵛᶦᵉʷ ᵒᶰ ᵗʰᵉ ᵘᵖᶫᵒᵃᵈ ˢᶜʳᵉᵉᶰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵇᵉ ᶫᵒᵍᵍᵉᵈ⋅

Wolfgang wrote: I can't tell if it has been already mentioned in this long thread - but in the past I could see if a post had been kudoed by me, now I only can see that kudos have been given

Yes, this has been discussed. We're working on this.

RobertoBozzolo wrote: In settings screen, the checkbox "don't send e-mails" is misaligned with its text. This is valid also in Italian localization of the forum.

The same page viewed on a tablet puts the checkbox on a new line, even if there is enough space available as can be seen by the upper menu:

Thanks for reporting this.

RobertoBozzolo wrote:

Just as a side note, when making images for this post the one from the tables always did errors in loading: had to save it as .jpg to be able to post it.

For both images the procedure I followed was the same:

• Get the screenchot: it goes automatically to Dropbox in .png format
  • Edit the image to crop and modify it on the PC with Paint. Save it
  • Post to the forum: for the tablet image I always had a uploding error until I saved it in .jpg format

PNGs are supported. What is the error you are seeing? What are you saving as after editing in Paint? What is the file size? What browser and OS?

RobertoBozzolo wrote: It appears from my previous post that listed elements are using a different font from normal paragraphs.

Issue will be logged accordingly.

altenbach wrote:This is on chrome:

There is a new problem that some entries in that menu are now misaligned. That looked good two days ago (see mobile version).

The problem on mobile is that the menu is mostly cutoff and there are only a few characters visible where we can select an entry.

The misalignment isn't occurring anymore on desktop. As for mobile, I do not see that issue in Chrome on a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 5x. Please provide more details.

As a side note -- many of you keep saying this thread is getting too long to know if your issue has been reported or not -- please feel free to report individual bugs by creating a new topic in the Feedback board. This will help each other know what's already been reported, as well as help the community team more clearly request specific details and provide updates.

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 112 of 174
(1,156 Views)

Hi Lili,

sorry to bother you, but this is a little addition to the "font too big" warning: this is what I see when viewing your profile page (I suppose mine is the same as I have a long nickname too Smiley Wink ). Italian localization of the forum board, probably the English version will be similar:

Screenshot 2016-08-02 15.44.26.png

(1,097 Views)

LiliMcDonald ha scritto:

GerdW wrote: Cursor-left key, from below the image: does not work, cursor stays in front of "putting". Using the mouse I can place the cursor behind the image, but not in front the image. (Because the image is bigger than the last time?)

The pattern seems to change from day to day. (Still Win7Enterprise, FF47.0.1)

Perhaps this issue is connected to the issue in which you can't add text to the left or right of a left or right aligned image. I'll log this issue accordingly.

As an addition to this problem found by GerdW, if you use Ctrl+arrow key to move one word at a time you have an even more strange behaviour:

• Ctrl + left from immediately after the image moves you to message start (before the first word of the message)
  • Ctrl + right from immediately before the image moves you directly to message end (after the last word)

(1,092 Views)

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to quickly thank you all for sharing your general feedback on the design changes and helping to find and document specific porblems that need to be fixed. Your input is much appreciated - we know how much you truly care about this space and we want to make sure we're meeting your needs as closely as possible.

I also want to thank Lili, who has done an amazing job reviewing, documenting, and responding to all of your feedback and helping to identify issues that we can quickly resolve. Hopefully you've noticed that while it's been less than two weeks since the design change, a number of your suggested changes (reduced text size and spacing, the display of "Message #X of Y", fixes to idea posts, etc.) have been implemented!

Our Community Team will be busy at NIWeek (make sure to come by and say hi if you're in Austin!) this week, so you may not see responses here as quickly, but we still have a group working on these items and will have another set of improvements later this week.

Thanks,

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 115 of 174
(1,073 Views)
OK, I can see the message number at the bottom of the message, but only if i hold my mini tablet (Amazon Fire) in landscape mode, it disappears in portrait.

Also the navigation options, ie the all topics / previous / next are on!y at the bottom of the page in portrait, and at the top and bottom in landscape.

I'm still getting error blocks appear while composing. See attachment, although it seems to let me to continue to compose.

The layout is improving, but still not as good as two weeks ago.

Rod.

0 Kudos
Message 116 of 174
(1,055 Views)

Hello again,

A couple more points.

1. Is there any way to stop words being hyphenated accross lines when reading messages? The hyphenation algorithm is a little strange in its choices such as

nev-er

be-fore

fea-ture

2. Message numbers also disappear on a "printer friendly" view.

Rod.

P.S. Message numbers appear in either orientation on a iPad.

0 Kudos
Message 117 of 174
(1,037 Views)

@Rod42 wrote:
OK, I can see the message number at the bottom of the message, but only if i hold my mini tablet (Amazon Fire) in landscape mode, it disappears in portrait. Also the navigation options, ie the all topics / previous / next are on!y at the bottom of the page in portrait, and at the top and bottom in landscape.

You will find that elements will shift or be hidden as a screen becomes smaller. It seems at least that Message # of # element would be a valuable one to always expose. We can see if that might be possible to do.

Rod42 wrote: I'm still getting error blocks appear while composing. See attachment, although it seems to let me to continue to compose.

I'll follow up in your thread about that particular issue.

RobertoBozzolo wrote: this is what I see when viewing your profile page (I suppose mine is the same as I have a long nickname too Smiley Wink ). Italian localization of the forum board, probably the English version will be similar:

Thanks for reporting. I see this issue occurs when the page gets to a certain width. It's not necessarily specific to a language.

Rod42 wrote: 1. Is there any way to stop words being hyphenated accross lines when reading messages?

Not in your own user settings, but this is something we can look into.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 118 of 174
(1,031 Views)

@Matt_McLaughlin wrote:

I also want to thank Lili, who has done an amazing job reviewing, documenting, and responding to all of your feedback and helping to identify issues that we can quickly resolve. Hopefully you've noticed that while it's been less than two weeks since the design change, a number of your suggested changes (reduced text size and spacing, the display of "Message #X of Y", fixes to idea posts, etc.) have been implemented!

I agree that Lili has done a great job listening to all of us and taking notes and working on improving things.  Many things have already been improved.

Though I do question your comment about "reduced text size".  The fonts still seem a little large.  Perhaps they have improved because before I had to take it to 80% zoom value to make it look right.  Not it seems like 90% zoom level makes it look right.  100% is still a touch too large.

Message 119 of 174
(1,025 Views)

I agree, the text is still too large.  I feel like I'm a slower reader because of it (I have to scan with my eyes faster to try to keep the same [contextual] pace).

0 Kudos
Message 120 of 174
(1,019 Views)