Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments/Questions on New Layout

Small snippets inserted with option "full size", are still scaled down for no reason, see here.

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake. My browser is set to 75% to make the forum even usable :o:D

Message 61 of 174
(1,351 Views)

maybe another thing I missed...

We used to be able to click on the number under a users name for a post ( example 5 of 7) and that would take us directly to that post as the top of the scroll position. The resluting URL could be copied and used to direct someone to a particualr post in the thread.

I do not see that # of # anymore and for that matter can not tell which post number a praticular post is.

Example:

This post by me can be accesed directly from this URL

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Discussion-Forums/Comments-Questions-on-New-Layout/m-p/332718...

the next post is found using this URL

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Discussion-Forums/Comments-Questions-on-New-Layout/m-p/332718...

Somehwere in that URL is the post number. 

It looks like the "#M13060" must translate as post number 60?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 174
(1,346 Views)

another post to test the numbering

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 63 of 174
(1,338 Views)

Yeah that is an issue in my opinion for sure.  Some sites hide the link sometimes in menus like "Share This Post" but I don't even know how to get a link to a new post, except maybe by emailing it to myself.

0 Kudos
Message 64 of 174
(1,334 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I do not see that # of # anymore and for that matter can not tell which post number a praticular post is.

Exactly. I had to go to my profile and to the list of recent posts to get the direct link to the post above.

(Was about to post the same thing!)

0 Kudos
Message 65 of 174
(1,333 Views)

@Ben wrote:

maybe another thing I missed...

We used to be able to click on the number under a users name for a post ( example 5 of 7) and that would take us directly to that post as the top of the scroll position. The resluting URL could be copied and used to direct someone to a particualr post in the thread.

Indeed this was discussed in this thread and another.  Lili said the # of # could probably be added simply.  In the meantime, on a particular post if you hit Options>Highlight it will update the URL of the page to that particular post and you can use that link.  See here.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 66 of 174
(1,334 Views)

Thank you Tim!

I ahd no idea what that "highlight" option was for.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 67 of 174
(1,325 Views)

Hi,

to add to all these "huge fonts" complaints: the message editor uses a different font then is used when displaying the messages. It's slightly "smaller" or "less bold" as can be seen in the attachment (compare my message text with Ben's message).

It's only a small difference, but still big enough to make me wonder after each posting about "fonts getting bolder" 😄

Once I heard as "rule of thumb" for design: limit the number of fonts/font sizes/font styles as much as possible. Now we have a lot of different sizes/styles per page. (IMHO I think the "Message Tags" is way too heavy with all that whitespace surrounding…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 174
(1,275 Views)

@Norbert_B wrote:

I have to add another topic which i haven't seen in the thread yet:

If i provide a kudo to a post, it does not update the page. As a result, i am not necessarily sure that i provided the kudo or not.

Also, the kudo button does not change. So there is no feedback on the provision of the kudo at all. On top of that, pressing the kudo button twice removes the kudo. While this might be intended, the kudo button should change its color to reflect a complete new functionality (remove instead of add!)

Norbert

+1. I just realised that I inadvertently revoked some kudos while trying to figure out whether I had voted yet...

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 174
(1,249 Views)

[Set tongue in cheek mode = true]

Since we are wasting so much space with larger fonts and bolded text, is it the right time to ask if we can have the limit on uploaded images bumped up?

My son looks at images on my cell phone and complains of the low resolution images but meanwhile they are too large to be shared here.

[Set tongue in cheek mode = false]

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 70 of 174
(1,236 Views)