From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome - New Message - Corrupt Editor View

I like the Chrome browser. But when in the forums, if I choose "New Message", I get a broken editor view and the toolbar is missing most of the options. This is a snapshot of what I see:

toolbar.jpg

The "font styles", the horizontal line item, and everything after the "Insert Image" option are all missing.

I'm forced to use Internet Explorer when I want to post anything that isn't just plain text.

Now I don't know if this is something wrong with my Chrome installation, but there are no errors thrown anywhere, and Chrome updates itself so frequently that a reinstall is probably pointless.

Any thoughts on this anyone?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,845 Views)

Not sure if it helps any, but I often see that view for a split second when using Firefox.  That is usually when I am offsite and therefore my computer likes to be slower than dirt.  Maybe Chrome is getting stuck at a point in the loading process?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,842 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Not sure if it helps any, but I often see that view for a split second when using Firefox.  That is usually when I am offsite and therefore my computer likes to be slower than dirt.  Maybe Chrome is getting stuck at a point in the loading process?

If it's getting stuck, how does one go about unsticking it?? I've tried reload, refresh, CTRL+refresh. It happens all the time, even in the office where the internet is reasonable.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,836 Views)

Hi Thoric,

maybe this is related to other problems of the message editor like described here.

Seems Lithium does not only have to fix things for FireFox, but for Chrome too…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,770 Views)

This problem hasn't gone away. In the Breakpoint forums I'm totally unable to get the message editor to fully render.

Here, in this thread however, it appears to work.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,684 Views)