From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bleep Tracy?

Bleep.PNG

This cypher might be an enigma

For those of you just watching from the bleachers,

Now, isn't that a little too agressive on the **Bleep**-ometer?  Was'nt one of **bleep** Tracy's arch-foes named "Screw-head?" What is the censor going to do now?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,746 Views)

If anyone on the forums were named that, they'd have to sign their posts with their more fomal name as Richard.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,739 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:  Was'nt one of **bleep** Tracy's arch-foes named "Screw-head?" What is the censor going to do now?

Jeff, if you would just talk like Mumbles, we would not have this problem.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,737 Views)

The content filter for swears doesn't look at context, just the word itself. Mr. Tracy's first name is unfortunately filtered. Also, many of the filters use a wildcard to catch all of the variations of swear words.

Also... this topic name makes me think of this Simpsons scene:

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,716 Views)

Hi Lili,

could you make the filter look at FULL words or does it have to filter even parts of words?

Fa-gio is just an italian name!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,586 Views)

Hi Gerd,

I have fixed that word filter. The posts still show *bleep* but this won't happen going forward.

I've also adjusted the filter so "Dick Tracy" can be discussed.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,577 Views)