From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: A new post in our user group forum is showing up with replies from a DIFFERENT, older post.

In the San Diego User Group forum, I posted a reminder today about our user group meeting. It's a brand new thread.

On the main discussions page, you can see that the new thread has "0" replies (as of 10:30am Pacific today).

But when you click into the new thread, replies are showing up from the ORIGINAL and older announcement thread (here).

The title threads are similar but distinct:

ORIGINAL: San Diego User Group Meeting on Wednesday, September 17th

NEW: REMINDER: San Diego User Group Meeting THIS Wednesday, September 17th

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,809 Views)

Hi Mike,

I just saw your post. Sorry for the confusing behavior. This is not something that we've seen occur or had reported in the past - very strange.

My initial thought is that it may have something to do with the "Reply by email" functionality of discussions on Community Groups and the format of you title "Reminder: <original title>" However, I see that you also made some changes to the title beyond adding "Reminder:", so I'm not sure that theory holds up.

Either way, we'll need to dig into this a bit further to figure out the source of the issue and correct it moving forwards. Thanks for reporting this and please let me know if you see unusual behavior along these lines again.

Thanks!

Matt

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,769 Views)