From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autosaved Drafts "Clear All"

That was annoying! I just cleared a bunch of old autosaved drafts.  One by one two clicks each.  An empty ASD would be nice or at least let there be multiple selection!  Not a nice UX.  Thanks

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 1 of 6
(3,880 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Fair point. If a user has many drafts, it must be a hassle to click and confirm deletion of each one. A select all or check boxes > delete all > confirm deletion workflow would be much better. I can raise this enhancement request with Lithium.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,867 Views)

It is very likely that any very old autosave draft is probably obsolete. Maybe they should expire automatically after a month or so. This feature is most useful whenever the site, computer, or browser crashes so we can continue where we left off once things have normaized. Once an autosave draft in ancient, the thread might already been solved or has drifted into a completely different direction, making the text in the draft useless.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,820 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Maybe they should expire automatically after a month or so.

I would even go so far as a week.  I'm actually tempted to say 1 day, but that might bite me on some extreme cases.  Even after a few days, it would take me some time to figure out what the draft was for and what I was thinking at the time.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,818 Views)

I agree. Maybe the queue size should be only one draft per forum. There should also be a more prominent warning when logging in that a draft exists, with the option to continue working on it or dismiss it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,814 Views)

I'm following up with Lithium about clearing out some of the very old drafts in general. I do think some good suggestions have been raised here so far which can be raised. However, we also take into account how drafts are used in some features we have not (yet) turned on like documents and blog posts.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,802 Views)