Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user name change - or forum bug?

Today I answered several times in this thread.

As you can see from my messages I answered to "Sarah" and "max". Now there are only messages from "SarahSteen" - and she also doesn't know who is "maximillian00100"!?

I also received email notifications notifying me of "new message written by max".

What is going on there? Why did I see different user names over the last hours?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 1 of 4
(3,491 Views)

Forum users are identified by a static number (e.g. you are 16916). You can change your displayed forum alias (the displayed name) by modifying your NI profile. Look for the line labeled "Alias".

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,462 Views)

One more here , same user posts and tells this is what i wanted!!

-Could it be because they are sharing PC unknowingly logging into others account?

Edit: Yes i got the answer

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,453 Views)

Yes, as altenbach mentioned, it's possible for anyone to change their username for their ni.com account  by going to My Account > Edit Profile. This is why Gerd was seeing different usernames in that one topic.

Also, yes, we sometimes see situations where a user will accidentally log into another user's account if they are sharing a computer. This is because you can be logged into ni.com, but not logged into the forums. When the user clicks on log in, they're logged into the account associated with the ni.com account that's already logged in. We're working to improve the SSO implementation on the site.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,437 Views)