Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow and unreliable access to the forum site

Hello,

I am really not satisifed with the performance of the forum site in these weeks 😞

I very often experience timeouts and slow load of various pages of the website. This happens from various PCs / networks. I accept these problems when there is a "Site is down or slow due to maintenance" warning, but I often see these issues on other days too (like today, I just cannot load a reply field page for example, only after 2-3 tries and few minutes). In general, I feel the site became slower and unreliable since the big update. I really hope these issues will be solved soon...

Message 1 of 63
(4,557 Views)

In these days I also often see this warning:

"

ATTENTION:

Our server provider is currently experiencing technical difficulties affecting our learning environment. This might lead to some delays or training not loading.

Thank-you in advance for your patience while we work with them to resolve these latency issues.

"

Any info about when this will be solved?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 63
(4,532 Views)

Hello András,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We'll investigate this further and report back when we have more information.

Best Regards,

Kristi Martinez

NI Community Support

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 63
(4,510 Views)

Same here. Often long delays when loading forum pages, sometimes even timeouts and fails.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 63
(4,507 Views)

The same problem in Europe/Germany.

I often see a progress bar telling me to wait a little more when trying to access the forum…

Even more disappointing: Once I had a message similar to "unable to process the request, but please check for latest announcements on twitter/NI". When I checked twitter all I saw was an anouncement on big opening of a new IoT Lab, but nothing about forum problems…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 63
(4,494 Views)

Also my location is Germany. Today i tried to reply to a forum post. The reply page could not be loaded, so i closed the whole Firefox tab. Just after this i could not access the forum website at all for a couple of minutes. ni.com worked, only the discussion forum was unreachable...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 63
(4,486 Views)

I see all of these things as well from the Austin office. I do have to use parts of the forums for work so I'll often just try again every couple of minutes and it usually gets through in under 15 minutes but it is slightly annoying for sure.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 63
(4,472 Views)

Hello András,

I have an update for you. Due to some of the outages and performance issues, our team will be monitoring the site a little more closely. If you already have examples of pages and times when the page timed out, we would like to get that information from you. The next time you experience a page timing out, can you please send us the page and time when the timeout occurred? This information will help our team troubleshoot the root cause of the issue.

As for the warning message below, can you please tell me where you see this message? Is this message in the community or customer education page?

Our server provider is currently experiencing technical difficulties affecting our learning environment. This might lead to some delays or training not loading.

Thank-you in advance for your patience while we work with them to resolve these latency issues.

We appreciate your feedback and any information you can give to assist us on improving the experience for the community users.  

Best Regards,

Kristi Martinez

NI Community Support

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 63
(4,453 Views)

Ok, i will proceed as you asked next time when i see such behaviour. Regarding to the yellow warning, it was when trying to reach the online courses.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 63
(4,450 Views)

some of the errors occuring:

...and as mentioned earlier, if there is no error it is much slower than before...

error.png

error_2.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 63
(4,446 Views)